Collecting FAQ suggestions

Lord Hanaur

Do Iron Hands vehicles (apart from Dreadnoughts) benefit from IWND?

Are Dark Angels characters riding bikes allowed to be part of a Ravenwing Strike Force detachment?

Does a vehicle piloted by Sergeant Chronus become a HQ unit, or does it retain its original battlefield role? Does such a vehicle still occupy its original slot (in addition to the HQ slot used for Chronus)?

Can Librarians from the SM and DA books generate Daemonology powers from Sanctic, Maelific, both, or neither?

How does an Armorium Cherub work if the unit it is a part of Combat Squads?

Does a Dark Angels unit with Grim Resolve still fire at BS2 during Overwatch even if some other effect (such as a psychic power) would normally force them to shoot at BS1? What if they are forced to make Snap Shots, but their BS is not otherwise explicitly specified?

If you fire a Torrent weapon at a unit, are you forced to place the initial location of the template's origin such that you maximize the number of hits (or area covered) on the target in the fashion of a normal template weapon?

Is Captain Shrike complete garbage, or is he a useless piece of sh*t?

Grim Resolve has a value-setting effect that makes the unit BS2 when firing Overwatch shots- however, it has a special exception for units that are Jinking, which is still reduced to BS1 as normal. Does the precedent set by the Jink exception also apply to other effects as well- for example, would a unit reduced to BS1 by the Paroxysm psychic power still fire BS2 Overwatch shots, or one that is shooting at an Invisible unit? There is arguably a RAW solution to things, but as the TO it's really more relevant how you decide to play it.

AbusePuppy are you playing in the tournament? If you are what are you playing?

I am indeed going to be playing- I'm currently the bracket #2 Eldar player, as I sadly missed out on making it into bracket #1 to play against fluger and some of the other guys.

EDIT: LH, would it be possible to get a preview of what the secondary missions look like, or at least secondaries from previous years (so we have some idea what to expect)?

Thanks for fielding all these questions. Will you be posting a FAQ for th tournament or will you handle them as or if they come up?

AbusePuppy are you playing in the tournament? If you are what are you playing?

There is an FAQ coming.  it's previewed on Warsound, though I am still gathering comments before i post it officially on our Website.  Still wanting to make sure I understand the questions first.  

Grim Resolve has a value-setting effect that makes the unit BS2 when firing Overwatch shots- however, it has a special exception for units that are Jinking, which is still reduced to BS1 as normal. Does the precedent set by the Jink exception also apply to other effects as well- for example, would a unit reduced to BS1 by the Paroxysm psychic power still fire BS2 Overwatch shots, or one that is shooting at an Invisible unit? There is arguably a RAW solution to things, but as the TO it's really more relevant how you decide to play it.

I am indeed going to be playing- I'm currently the bracket #2 Eldar player, as I sadly missed out on making it into bracket #1 to play against fluger and some of the other guys.

EDIT: LH, would it be possible to get a preview of what the secondary missions look like, or at least secondaries from previous years (so we have some idea what to expect)?

Honestly i need the text in front of me and Dark Angels isnt a codex I own (yes, something 40K related that I dont own!  I know right!)  I have a friend who has it and perhaps he will be kind enough to send me the text.

Normally I would say something here about how LH is actually short for "Lousy Hitler," but I'm totally with him on this one. Learn to cook your food properly, you godd****d savages. Your method of eating is scientifically and biologically inferior.

1) the preferred term is goddamned 'aboriginal person' or goddamned 'native American' ;)

2) my method is superior in taste. if you're gonna cook it well done, you might as well just get some shoe leather and eat that.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Normally I would say something here about how LH is actually short for "Lousy Hitler," but I'm totally with him on this one. Learn to cook your food properly, you godd****d savages. Your method of eating is scientifically and biologically inferior.

Blood is rich in vitamins and minerals you fool. Bloody = multivitamin steak!

• Like 1

Honestly i need the text in front of me and Dark Angels isnt a codex I own (yes, something 40K related that I dont own!  I know right!)  I have a friend who has it and perhaps he will be kind enough to send me the text.

Grim Resolve

Models with this special rule have the Stubborn special rule and, unless Jinking, count their Ballistic Skill as 2 when firing Overwatch.

Blood is rich in vitamins and minerals you fool. Bloody = multivitamin steak!

Yeah, well guess what- those vitamins don't vanish into thin air when you cook it properly. What's more, your digestive tract is evolutionarily designed to process cooked meat more efficiently than raw meat, as the denatured proteins are easier to break down into energy and etc.

Rare steaks: wrong on nutrition. Wrong on taste. Wrong for America.

• Like 1

I'm...Not sure i understand the thrust of this one.  

Chaos Space Marine Psykers have access to Biomancy, Daemonology, Pyromancy, and Telepathy Disciplines.  Marked Psykers, specifically, must take at least one and up to half (rounded up) of their  powers from the Discipline of their Mark.  This would include Non-HQ Psyker units like Thousand Sons.

The main rulebook covers how to generate dice from these Psykers.  is there a piece i am missing?

That is about how it SHOULD work, but GW's made it more complicated.

The wording in the CSM book isn't that the psyker must "take" powers, but that they must "roll" one and up to half of their powers from the discipline of their mark. The chaos psychic focus then grants the primaris power from their mark to that chaos psyker, but the chaos psychic focus isn't a roll. So a level 1 marked chaos sorcerer MUST roll 1 power from their mark, and then will have the primaris via chaos psychic focus. Still, seems pretty clear cut until you read GW's FAQ.....Says all CSM psykers have access to daemonology in addition to the others.

So the two FAQ questions that GW needs for CSM psykers are:

Does the chaos psychic focus count as a required roll on a marked psyker's god's disipline?

If no to the above, and the FAQ says all CSM psykers have daemonology access, does this mean level 1 psykers can take daemonology instead of their marked god's discipline?

Well no because they must take half rounded up of their mark so level 1's have access but wont have enough slots for daemonology of course. Black legion has an artifact that can add a psyker level but i dont think tzeentch sorcerers cantake it so...meh.

That's your FAQ answer?

As I read it, there are several interpretations:

1: The Chaos psychic focus and listed chaos power access is intended to REPLACE the psychic power restrictions listed in the CSM codex. Given the CSM codex is older than the BRB or the FAQ, this one isn't entirely off-base. Chaos psykers now have normal access to disiplines and their marked disipliine, but automatically gain chaos psychic focus as per the BRB. It is notable that when the CSM book was written, the chaos psychic focus concept did not exist and the only way to get a primaris power from the marked discipline would be to roll on that table and swap powers.

2: The required 1 of the marked discipline is now required 1 of the marked or daemonology, as the FAQ clearly adds daemonology in addition to ALL other discipline access.

3: It is as you say, all psykers have access to, but only level 2+ can actually take daemonology. This actually seems the least likely, especially for GW trying to sell models, as it means less ability to summon extra product.... It also means that despite stating that all CSM psykers have daemonology access, almost none actually have daemonology access.

And as a side note, merely changing the roll restriction to count as "take" would create further issues, as now the "force" power attained via force weapons would conflict with the half power restriction.

Occams razor is likely to guide my final answer on this one. :)

Oh, and which one is that?

Occam's razor to me is that we ignore the chaos codex psychic restrictions and just use the power selection as per the BRB with the primaris being the chaos psychic focus. So easy, that one.