Kings of War anyone?

I know I'm behind the times, only recently found out about Warhammer being killed off. Damn, never did get to play a game of 8th edition.

So downloaded KoW free rules. Like what I see. Can mostly run my Orcs same as always - no archer Orcs tho, gonna have to change that.

Anyone else looking for refuge from the Old World?

I am, I goto into warhammer after mordheim and only really played it cause of the rats.. Only played a few games of the newer armybook, got the old 4th edition? The one with % and wft as units cause friends liked "retro hammer" better. More settings for rats the better

curious how different their sculpted models turn out differently. As a rats of underempire who worked with a few chaos dwarfs during the storm of chaos so the backstory gives me the chuckles too.

I appreciate the Skaven influences. And that I found a use for just about every model (barring the Bell and Furnace).

I was very happy when I read that Barzhak had been locked in his laboratory for 13 years. The North Skavenblight remembers. (That does not have the same ring to it)

Isn't the 'Warlock on Death Engine' the Bell/Furnace?

curious how different their sculpted models turn out differently. As a rats of underempire who worked with a few chaos dwarfs during the storm of chaos so the backstory gives me the chuckles too.

Well nothing in this supplement has planned out models just yet as it's specifically a place for WHFB to get their army rules from.  Even with that I'd be surprised if they didn't do more with the ratmen as they already make Veer-myn for their future setting.

Isn't the 'Warlock on Death Engine' the Bell/Furnace?

Yep, that's the one.  Of course if you want it to sit in the unit still it'll just be filler, but the Warlock on Death Engine is the Bell.

I appreciate the Skaven influences. And that I found a use for just about every model (barring the Bell and Furnace).

I was very happy when I read that Barzhak had been locked in his laboratory for 13 years. The North Skavenblight remembers. (That does not have the same ring to it)

And guess how much NE the Blightlord has, and how many Attacks the Veminlord Demonspawn gets? LOL!

I love it. :)

Nothing goes on a 60x100 in KoW and things are not going to be 1:1. The Warlock on Death Engine is literally stated by the designers to be a way to use the Bell.

Can't remember if the rule is still there, but they had a fudging mechanic for when models were too big to fit. Considering how minor of an advantage 60x100 gives you I don't think anyone will care.

Part of why I like KoW is the fact that base size for individual models is a bit fluid. For instance, the new Herd list, which is supposed to allow for a beastman army, only has one real unit that is on 25mm bases. When I brought this up on the forum, they pointed out that the footprint of the unit is what mattered, not the base size of the individual models. So I could basically run a regiment of the 20mm unit (so 100mmx80mm) and fill it as best I could with 25mm models (4x3).

Plus, the sheer fact that you don't need to set number is really nice too. In our game, NtK almost didn't bring his archer horde because he didn't think he had enough models. Well he had the right base, so we stuck what he had on it, filled in the front with stakes, and it sure as hell looked like a horde of archers.

I hope to continue to play WFB from time to time, so I will be basing my models on individual bases as appropriate for GW games. However, the great thing about KoW is that it doesn't really care, and I can find ways to make my models work.

• Like 1