Tyranids

PumpkinHead

Keep in mind that if out of range rippers will easily kill themselves with IB Feed.

I mean, not really.  A unit of 3 that fails the test (likely) will 50% of the time take 3 S3 hits.  That's like maybe a wound or two.  So, 36.1% of the time they are out of synapse they will suffer 1.25 wounds.  Assuming they are on the table for 6 turns out of synapse, they would average 2.7 wounds taken.  So, barely a single base.  

Being cheap and also being able to deepstrike and be ob sec is pretty nice.  

• Like 1

I can't reach my book at the moment, but I am 99% sure they can hold objectives. Hence why they are popular to ds onto objectives

I have a copy of the Nid dex on my phone, they have no rule that says they can't.  People are remembering previous editions where swarms couldn't score.  

• Like 1

Lol, it's all good. Now you can play with your objective secured rippers and learn how awesome they are.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! I will not do it. I will not accept that rippers are a good unit!

However thinking about that, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing several full units on the field of battle. But losing the parasite of Mortrex make them a bit weaker. 9 ripper swarms with poison doesn't seem too bad. Say good night Wraith Knight, hope mommy tucks you in super tight this evening.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! I will not do it. I will not accept that rippers are a good unit!

However thinking about that, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing several full units on the field of battle. But losing the parasite of Mortrex make them a bit weaker. 9 ripper swarms with poison doesn't seem too bad. Say good night Wraith Knight, hope mommy tucks you in super tight this evening.

You know you want to. Those little rippers will gain a foothold in your army and you will wonder why you didn't use them more to begin with.

• Like 2