Sisters models...

I had no idea GW still had these on their web site. Another person pointed it out. Any clue if these are new metal models using the old casts, or just a vast stockpile of old metal models?

I had no idea GW still had these on their web site. Another person pointed it out. Any clue if these are new metal models using the old casts, or just a vast stockpile of old metal models?

Not sure what the difference would be here, but...

Common wisdom is that they continue to produce new models as needed until the molds wear out. This is why the number of available models steadily decline over time.

Not sure what the difference would be here, but...

Common wisdom is that they continue to produce new models as needed until the molds wear out. This is why the number of available models steadily decline over time.

Well, if they have them stockpiled, then I really don't blame GW for not making new sisters models. If they are producing new ones with old molds, they really should just make them into plastics.

Agreed, but I've been saying that for 15 years. And I doubt there is a real stockpile.

Also doubt it exists, though it is true that I barely see any sisters players and there are quite a few sisters circulating ebay for less than the models on the GW site. So perhaps they have a stockpile no one is buying....

Well, if they have them stockpiled, then I really don't blame GW for not making new sisters models. If they are producing new ones with old molds, they really should just make them into plastics.

Switching over to plastics involves huge costs for tooling the new molds. You can't just use the same molds as metal models do.

Actually, has anyone got any new recently? Were they metal or FineCast? If they were metal, they're stockpiled, if they were FineCast, they've still got the molds and are casting from them, because that's a pretty easy switch to make.

Switching over to plastics involves huge costs for tooling the new molds. You can't just use the same molds as metal models do.

Actually, has anyone got any new recently? Were they metal or FineCast? If they were metal, they're stockpiled, if they were FineCast, they've still got the molds and are casting from them, because that's a pretty easy switch to make.

GW site says the models are metal.

I agree there would be a huge cost in switch to plastics, but I think it would easily be worth the cost. I think the setting could really use a current female faction. We have enough players in 40k now where I actually encounter women looking into the hobby and deterred by the lack of female representation in the hobby (despite it being fully present in the fluff).

EDIT: Still surprised we got admech prior to sisters.

If they're metal, then they're just selling off pre-existing stock. GW hasn't actually cast anything in metal since the introduction of FineCast.

I've heard that a significant portion of the scheduling has to do with what the Dev Team gets "inspired" about. The difficulty of finding a distinctive niche for AS and/or lack of ideas for new Units to expand them could well have resulted in them getting back-burnered for a while. It'll be interesting to see if that's one of the things the new CEO changes up.

I've heard that a significant portion of the scheduling has to do with what the Dev Team gets "inspired" about. The difficulty of finding a distinctive niche for AS and/or lack of ideas for new Units to expand them could well have resulted in them getting back-burnered for a while. It'll be interesting to see if that's one of the things the new CEO changes up.

Don't they have like an entirely white male dev staff....?

I think so. I know they have some women in editing and who write for White Dwarf and Forge World, and sculptors and painters, but I think the Rules Devs are all white dudes. I'm pretty sure a number of the issues regarding 40K's fluff and and representation stem from that as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think an entirely white male staff would be inherently flawed in representing a more diverse 40k model line.

But it does seem like they just aren't touching certain areas (like legitimate female models for any of the imperium armies). Sort of like how all terrain sets are for imperial worlds....

Once I'd read/watched a few things where the creators weren't all white dudes, I started finding it pretty easy to tell. There's definitely a difference between something created by someone who only has second-hand knowledge of that perspective, and something created by someone who's lived it.

I wouldn't say it's impossible for a group entirely composed of white guys to do good diverse work, but it's certainly a heck of a lot easier to start with a diverse group of creators.

• Like 2