Age of Sigmar Book (rulebook?)

K_DUB

So I am on the fence if I want to plunk down the money for the Age of Sigmar book (rulebook?). It seems like they just keep releasing a new book every month. With new warscrolls and new scenarios it appears to be cool but for $75 per book that looks expensive.  I would be curious to know if it is worth the investment for the initial book or....???

I think this is a good question. I bought the first book and I am happy with it for two reasons, scenarios and more warscrolls for my specific units. If there aren't scenarios you want to play in the book or they don't have the warscrolls for your units I wouldn't bother. 

Though if you are into the fluff that might be a good reason as well.

My understanding is that there will be several. I would say buy the ones that have content you care about. For me getting some back story, warscrolls for the initial sigmarites, and battle scenarios made the first book worth wild. I am not likely to buy the new one.  

@indytims In the first book its just SOME chaos/Sigmarites and Treelords/Dryads. 

• Like 2

The books are good for backround,Warscroll formations and scenarios.They do include new unit scrolls but as far as I can see all AoS models including terrain have a free warscroll DL that you can easily view just by going to the site and looking for the model in question.

Having the old army warscrolls available for free I would say that one doesn't even need any of the books,even the latest ones,to play the game.They are just mostly fluff and scenarios(some of those seem really cool though)

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks, guys!

I didn't know if that was something GW was going to do to 'entice' people to buy the books. Put Warscrolls in them that are only available IN those books. That would make it a bit more likely some folks would buy them (like me).

But for fluff and scenarios, they sound like a good thing to take a look at!

Thanks fellas!

One thing I don't like is that book it does't have a complete warscroll collection for any army. Some sigmarite models came out after was released. I assume they are in the new book or you just use the scroll in the box.

@Rcnjack do you know if there a single place to get a complete set Sigmarite warscrolls? They don't appear to be downloadable.

-T 

Go to the GW Web page were you order the models...on each page listing for the model and its description it should show a "Free downloadable pdf" for the Warscroll.

Now that's for the Sigmar releases of course...the old world stuff is all on that page that has the rules with it.

Example,heres the listing for the Stormcast Protectors,note under the rules tab it has the link there:)

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternal-Paladin-Protectors

Interesting though,in this case they actually have the pdf just for the Protectors,even though the box makes 4 versions(at least 3),But those WS are linked at each models purchase page as well.