New Forge World

Can you imagine playing someone that has 3-4 of these in his army, and about halfway through the game, picks one up, pops the top off revealing his deodorant of choice, swipes it in his 'pits, puts the lid back on, and then places it back on the board? "sorry man, I was stinking up a bit there." :ohmy::laugh:

Oh, how much nicer many of a tournament I have been to would be. Why is it so many Gamers seem to have an aversion to personal hygiene? 

• Like 2

Nah, I cleaned the whole thing out before I primed it. I even used the plastic shell of an old broken pair of headphones as the engine... :)

Aside, are these deodorant tanks going to be legal substitutes for the new FW version....? Does it count as "Counts as" when the orginial version was do-it-yourself?

Monday 31 October 2016

WHAT'S COMING UP AT THE WARHAMMER 40,000 OPEN DAYS The Warhammer 40,000 Open Days are almost upon us. This weekend will see two full days dedicated to all things Warhammer 40,000 at Warhammer World, and you can still get tickets if you’re quick!

There are going to be some fantastic new models and merchandise available for the first time at the Open Days. Take a look…

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

If you order your tickets now and they don’t arrive in time, there’s always the chance of them being lost in the warp, just make sure to bring along your order confirmation email and the friendly servitors manning the doors will make sure you get in.

See you at the Open Days!

Posted by Chris
  • Like 1

Did you see the "Experimental" rules for the Custodian Grave Tank? 195 points, AV 13, Fast Skimmer Tank, 3 HP, Flare Shields, the autocannon is like the Sicarian's, but inflicts instant death, and you are -2 to hit in melee with it because it's a skimmer?

The Grav Rhino is confirmed! I also like the candy apple red and gold paint job they did on one of the Grav Tanks using the new GW Translucent Paints. Though the matt red and gold they did on the other tank with all the free hand on it looks pretty nifty too.

I didn't realize that was a Contemptor Custodian. I thought it was a Terminator, but with it standing next to Freki (or is it Gerki?), I can see it being the right size for it. If that shield is anything like the Blizzard Shield they gave to the Space Wolves Dreadnought... whew. 3++ in the front arc? On a Contempor? Wow! 

Damn, they are pushing those new Imperial Knight heads HARD. Just seems like a pretty minor accessory that is cosmetic. Now, if they came with some nifty little bonus rules or something, then I could see them being a big deal! Otherwise... meh. I think Gee Dub messed up a bit with the Imperial Knights. They should have given them more weapons choices that Forge World could exploit and sell for extra money like they do for Titans.

Can't wait to see what other goodies come out of the Forge World Open Weekend!

I knew that FW used a lot of Tamaya paints and airbrushing, and they were able to get away with it because GW treated them like Red Headed Bastard Step Children. Now that FW is "back in the fold" of GW, the use of non-GW branded stuff has come to a halt. You used to have to mail FW and ask them "how did you paint X model?" and they were really good about answering the question, but it was full of non-GW paints and airbrushing. Now, they politely point you to Warhammer TV.  I have noticed that they have "officially" changed the paint recipe for most of the 30K line to GW paints. In the grand scheme of things, does that really matter? Nah. They still paint things very, very well. As in, I wish I could paint half as well as some of those guys. 

The only reason I use GW paint is because I'm lazy and hate to mix my colors. It's nice to be able to buy an (overpriced) paint pot of the exact color I want/need, instead of playing the role of Alchemist as I carefully measure a couple drops of this, a couple drops of that, add medium, and hope for the best. :laugh:

I knew that FW used a lot of Tamaya paints and airbrushing, and they were able to get away with it because GW treated them like Red Headed Bastard Step Children. Now that FW is "back in the fold" of GW, the use of non-GW branded stuff has come to a halt. You used to have to mail FW and ask them "how did you paint X model?" and they were really good about answering the question, but it was full of non-GW paints and airbrushing. Now, they politely point you to Warhammer TV.  I have noticed that they have "officially" changed the paint recipe for most of the 30K line to GW paints. In the grand scheme of things, does that really matter? Nah. They still paint things very, very well. As in, I wish I could paint half as well as some of those guys. 

The only reason I use GW paint is because I'm lazy and hate to mix my colors. It's nice to be able to buy an (overpriced) paint pot of the exact color I want/need, instead of playing the role of Alchemist as I carefully measure a couple drops of this, a couple drops of that, add medium, and hope for the best. :laugh:

I stopped using GW paint and switched to "vallejo." Main reason for the swich is that the current GW paint pots tend to spill alot when I use them. I've had much better results with the dropper paints that Vallejo uses. Plus they are about a dollar cheaper per color. Given that I'm often in bed while painting, spilling less has been a very good improvement for me.

Regarding mixing colors, I mostly mix but shell out cash for colors that are uncommon or colors I find difficult to mix on my own. 

I was mostly just enjoying the visual of the smiley faces popping out, and in a puff of smoke, a'la Capsule Corp, a Custodian appears.

Also, I was suggesting the small one was a rhino and the large one was a Razorback, but that was before I realized they are on different chassis, and corrected it in the other post.   :happy:

But these are old skimmers. And they're not for SM ;)

New models = new models. Backstory doesn't matter. Backstory is just that they are old models because backstory says imperium can't design new things anymore....

And they are for the imperium, which as far as GW runs things, means they are ultimately intended to supplement space marine armies.