New Forge World

non-fisting space marine chapters.

You know, non-fisting space marine chapters. Dark Angels don't fist, Space Wolves don't fist.

Imperial Fists, they fist. Crimson fists, they fist.

Slaanesh marines.....

:tongue::laugh:

They update the format, but they didn't change it from "Space Marines" to "Adeptus Astartes."  Silly Forge World.

Though I suppose Forge world does make heresy-era space marines, with adeptus astartes being post-heresy, I think.

The helmeted techmarine looks good, very simple. I'm not a fan of the big Dr. Oc style from the space marine range.

If you recall, that servo harness techmarine came out at about the same time as that spider man movie with Dr. Oc.

Not unlike how those penitent engines came out right around Matrix Reloaded....

• 2 weeks later...

99550108133_ServoautomataMagosMacrotekEn

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Mechanicum-Magos-Macrotek-Enginseer-Servo-automata

99550108141_KnightScionSeated04.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Knight-Scion-Seated

60040187047_TheHorusHeresyMechanicum01.j

this is interesting: 

Additionally, this book includes updated Age of Darkness expansion rules for playing games of Warhammer 40,000 during the Horus Heresy, and all of the weapons profiles and special rules you’ll need for your Mechnicum army.

The Horus Heresy Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List is an expansion to Warhammer 40,000. You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook in order to use this book.

Am I the only one reading that as saying "Use in 30k OR 40k!" ?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Horus-Heresy-Mechanicum-Taghmata-Army-List

• Like 2

These FW mechicum sure look like Cryx......

Thanks for pointing that out. I miss it in the first read. Finally ordered that Caestus Assault Ram, I've been eyeballing.

It arrived! This thing is much larger than I had thought it would be. It's very close to the size (and shape) of a baneblade.

this is interesting: 

Am I the only one reading that as saying "Use in 30k OR 40k!" ?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Horus-Heresy-Mechanicum-Taghmata-Army-List

Only if your 40K games are set during the Horus Heresy ;)

Joking aside, 30K and 40K are the same core rules set, just different Army Lists. It's perfectly possible to play Games between any of the 30K and any of the 40K forces. I believe the balance is a bit off in favour of the 40K stuff, tho.

Only if your 40K games are set during the Horus Heresy ;)

Joking aside, 30K and 40K are the same core rules set, just different Army Lists. It's perfectly possible to play Games between any of the 30K and any of the 40K forces. I believe the balance is a bit off in favour of the 40K stuff, tho.

The stats are for 30k. There is a relic for 40k that you can use the model to represent. So you don't use the two wound centurion stats in 40k.

FW description:

Lord Scion’s are amongst the most experienced and revered of pilots in Knight Households. Their rank may be that of baron, count, margrave, thane or any number or variations, but their duty is the same, commanding the Household’s resources and upholding their honour on the battlefield.

This Knight Scion fits perfectly into the command seat of any of Forge World’s Cerastus Knights and can be used to represent a Knight pilot of any rank.

This is a multi-part, resin kit. The pilot's chair shown in some images is not included. The pilot's chair forms part of the cockpit included in the Cerastus Knight Lancer, Acheron and Castigator kits.

Bold is mine. Doesn't include the chair. So annoying, as that's like the coolest part of the model.

I have two of those sitting on my desk unused, because I'm adding LEDs instead of having a detailed cockpit.  I don't want people messing with my models, there's no reason to paint the inside, there's no reason to put the seat in.

I want at least 1. PM sent.