New Forge World

Yes, I inferred that by your reply to VonVilkee, you were suggesting that although it does not say "Experimental," that it still wasn't a legal choice for a Tau Empire army as it does not say "40k Approved,"  even if that is not what you meant to imply.

So the requirements of yours I was asking for was based off the above interpretation of what you typed.

But like you said:

I'm just commenting about what it doesn't say....

:)  A more apt response at that point for myself would have been to point out that it is common in current FW to not see Experimental, nor 40k Approved on things.  Also, 40k approved stamp tends to be on 30k Produced stuff of late.  

My apologies for my contribution to the derailment.  :)

Also, what's the difference between a Datasheet and a Dataslate?  Dataslates have a crap ton of fluff attached, right?  While a Datasheet just has the meat and potatoes, or am I missing something?  My bad for using the wrong Datas**** above.

Part of this whole mess is that many people picked up my intention. I commented on the fact that it wasn't experimental meaning to me that it was approved for regular play, at least as much so as any forge world is.

As my inference was rightly identified by many, Pax your reply would lead to the opposite inference.

Just an observation on the reading of people in this thread...

Also, what's the difference between a Datasheet and a Dataslate?  Dataslates have a crap ton of fluff attached, right?  While a Datasheet just has the meat and potatoes, or am I missing something?  My bad for using the wrong Datas**** above.

A Dataslate is a whole package, with fluff, and sometimes multiple Datasheets bundled together. A Datasheet is generally a single page, with the Rules for a single Unit or Formation.

• Like 2

A Dataslate is a whole package, with fluff, and sometimes multiple Datasheets bundled together. A Datasheet is generally a single page, with the Rules for a single Unit or Formation.

At one point, the distinction was that one was for apocalypse and the other was for normal play. I don't think this is the case anymore, but I'm not sure. Datasheet was apocalypse and Dataslate was normal 40k (might have it backwards, I don't really use those terms when thinking in my head about 40k.).

Good that it's apoc. Don't need to see that crazy thing blowing up my poor little DA in small games lol

Just think of it as a t9 Terminator with 10 wounds.  Sure, Laser Cannons only get past it's shields half the time, and successfully penetrate it's armor half the time, but really, isn't that like shooting a Marine with a Marine?  That's easy!  

Just think of it as a t9 Terminator with 10 wounds.  Sure, Laser Cannons only get past it's shields half the time, and successfully penetrate it's armor half the time, but really, isn't that like shooting a Marine with a Marine?  That's easy!  

Think of it incredibly lacking in melee T9 terminator with 10 wounds that represents ~1/3rd of the enemy army (at 1850pts). He's got initiative 2 and 2 base attacks (yeah, plus stomp). He's only WS3. Also, unlike the Riptide, he isn't jet or jump infantry, so is limited by terrain and intervening units to a certain extent.

He also lacks any means of getting out of melee once locked within - actually, think of him as a giant Vindicare assassin....solid shooting, but can't get out of assault and really expensive.

And on a side note, unlike most TAU suits, this one isn't immune to the blind rule.

Not many things want to assault a unit with Stomp, regardless of what its other melee stats are.

Keep in mind that Power Fists usually wound him on 5s (and he then gets 5++ and FNP), so actually doing any damage is amazingly hard.

Stomp is not the biggest danger here. The biggest danger is letting that thing shoot. Even a chance that I can keep it lock in melee for it's shooting phase is very much worth taking.

Yeah D weapons seem like the main answer to him. Other than just sheer weight of fire.

Actually, the main answer is probably psychic powers, given that TAU really lack solutions there. D is a good secondary solution.

I will note that rending will always wound on 6s, regardless of toughness, so Misfortune+sheer weight of fire would actually yield some results.

I emailed forge world and got this response when askin about the chaos knight and Kytan

"Hi there,

Thanks for the email, with regards to the official rules of the chaos knight and Kytan the experimental rules are for all intense and purpose official, they have been designed and issued by the Forge World studio, the only reason we issue rules with the title of "experimental" is due to it not being published in an imperial armour publication. We are steadily removing this tag from future releases.

The rules for all experimental units should be treated as official until they are removed and published in the related Imperial armour.

Thanks again and I hope this helps"

Hopefully I can start using them at events.

• Like 2