Haqqislam List

Justjokin

Well, if you are going to go for a swim, you might as well dive in...

This represents the models that I have inbound.  

I have no idea what I'm doing... regardless of appearances...

Looking forward to getting these guys killed!

logo_41.png Haqqislam
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 7 orden_irregular.png1 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_2.png NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_8.png JANISSARY Akbar Doctor (MediKit) AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (41)
logo_28.png LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
logo_12.png FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (30)
logo_10.png HUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_7.png RAGIK Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)
logo_7.png RAGIK Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (26)
logo_1.png GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (12)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5 orden_irregular.png2 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_27.png MUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_1.png GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_23.png DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
logo_23.png DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (10)
logo_14.png NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (17)

3.5 SWC | 299 Points

Anyone with any advice on composition is welcome to help!  Thanks!

Next up...  Learning what the SWC is.
  • Like 4

So is 3.5 good, bad, maybe a little of both???

Star Lord would say "A little of both". That really depends on what you want to do. My generic answer is trim out a model or two to free up some points and throw in an HMG. It looks like your SWC cost is pretty cheap compared to some other factions so you probably have lots of options. Good, bad, who knows, build it the way you like and have a good time.
  • Like 1

Do you really want your LT to be a flame thrower?

Great question!  The list is what' I've got for models, and only so many of them have the LT option.   

I imagine you want the flamer near the front of the group.  Maybe our short lived LTs lead from the front and explode in amazing fireballs to inspire the other troops....  

Is there a mechanic in the game for exploding flame throwers?

No, flame throwers don't explode. The naffatun as LT. is actually quite tricky, because it is something most people aren't use to looking for. The Rifle Ghulam would be the more obvious choices.

It looks like you are using two starter boxes to get to a 300 point list.  This is a rather...awkward list, as you have two groups and a lot of miniatures that require loads of orders to be effective, so you are going to struggle to use everything to it's full potential.

For instance, the Fiday is a terrifying murder machine, but he needs orders to do his stuff. He is in the same group with 2 Ragiks, who don't deploy to the board, so they won't provide their orders on the first turn.  When they do come on the board, if you want them to do anything other than sit around, they need to be fueled with orders also.  Then you have the Hunzakut and Daylami, who are irregular and don't provide orders to your pool. So in your army, 33% of them won't be contributing orders to your first turn, and then you have your army split into two groups, further making it difficult to achieve your objective.

I would recommend starting off with a smaller army size with this selection of minis, perhaps 150-200 points.

Oh, and the Jannissary Akbar doctor is the best dude around. Seriously, that guy is awesome. Find a proxy for a Nasmat remote, and free up 3 points in your list to give him a helper robot.  The Nasmat allows him to see through it's eyes, and doctor through it's hands, so you can spread your AWESOME healing ability around the table. It also allows the doctor to react to things the Nasmat has in LOF but he does not, so you can use it to get your Doctor extra dodge AROs to help move him around the board.

Welcome to Haqq - the best and funnest faction!

If you are dead set on using everything here, I would move all of your Ghulam to group one, and put your snipers into group 2.  This will give you more orders to fuel your Ragiks and Fiday, and the snipers are effective in the reactive turn anyhow.  The daylami are just interesting 'speedbumps' for your enemy, and will probably die quickly as they must infilitrate onto the opponent's side of the table and aren't super good at it. Still, with a Panzerfaust and Shotgun they could cause some pain before they go down. 

• Like 5

Early list builds tend to suffer from shiny model syndrome, where everything looks great! All those tools are great, but come at the balance of order efficiency suffering (just as nathonicus said).

If you are clear with your opponent beforehand, it might be better to try something more simple or lower points to play at first hahaha. What you have there now is super complex to me, but i am pretty dumb so you do what is right for you!

Cant wait to hear how the games go!

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't make it to the first night of the new escalation league, but here's what I would have brought:

logo_41.png Haqqislam
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_1.png GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_1.png GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_33.png NASMAT Electric Pulse. (3)
logo_1.png GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 15)
logo_1.png GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
logo_28.png LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
logo_7.png RAGIK Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (26)

2.5 SWC | 150 Points

No idea how it would have faired.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...