Ordo Bowl Spring Training Tournament - BB7s - Nov. 7

savion47

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Toadly great event. The potluck idea was very cool. The pitches were awesome. The showing was awesome, Hopefully next time Shane you can get your game on.

The cards are a big swing as they should be but 50k might be too much. Or even just limiting to one card and then have some other inducement options.

Rogre nails it, I truly enjoy the randomness and speed of 7s. I look forward to the next event.

Toadal domination!

I like the idea of a 7s league leading up to a regular league.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I think you need heavy swing cards in a game where you are playing with 6/7 or 5/7 players. Being down one player and your oppenent having a few skilled players a card is not going to be an auto win, it is a good balancer. I think the normal cars are too soft to make much of a difference.

I think limiting the cards might be the way to go.

Maybe instead of star players introduce the merc rule.

so, I think you need to bring back journeyman. I know the RR is an issue as is card farming, so Here is how you can get around it.

1. Journeyman always have niggling injury (+1 to injury) - now they are  little bit of a risk, ( like old ones were with RR)

2. You can only hire journeyman upto your starting roster size.  Ie  you start 6 players, you can only every start with 6 players (or more if you buy them).  so if you start with 6, you can only hire journey's to 6 when filling our for injuries.

My thoughts.

Instead of Journeymen, for a 7's event you should have Makeweights. Like Burk's suggestion of a having a team start at a certain number of players and never falling below that number, but instead of hiring Journeymen up to that number, you can acquire Makeweights up to that number. Makeweights are free, but all starting stats (except ST) have a -1 modifier based on the stats for a linemen of your team race. For example, a human makeweight would only have Move 5, ST 3, AG 2, and AV 7.  This represents fans or other amateurs trying their hand at (or being conned into) playing on a real BB team!

Just an idea, based on something that used to exist in BB (2nd edition).

Instead of Journeymen, for a 7's event you should have Makeweights. Like Burk's suggestion of a having a team start at a certain number of players and never falling below that number, but instead of hiring Journeymen up to that number, you can acquire Makeweights up to that number. Makeweights are free, but all starting stats (except ST) have a -1 modifier based on the stats for a linemen of your team race. For example, a human makeweight would only have Move 5, ST 3, AG 2, and AV 7.  This represents fans or other amateurs trying their hand at (or being conned into) playing on a real BB team!

thats a decent idea.

I like it combined with Burk's idea about limiting journeymen to starting roster number is good.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Would the journeyperson be same value as lineperson?

I think it should be but just want to confirm that is the idea.

Loner trait would still need to exist in case a reroll was earned by kick off result.