Outside of competition

derek

Trying to Ram an Imperial Knight to death is pretty much the definition of a desperation tactic.You have to get into the right arc the turn before (as you can't pivot during a Ram), it has to stand still, and then you have to have it be on its last HP anyways and get that magic '6' on the pen roll, because if you don't that Str D melee is gonna crush you like a bug. I'll also point out you have a higher chance of hurting yourself (S7 hit on AV11) than you do the Knight, even just during the Ram process itself.

Found the BRB. It's pretty clear cut, you pivot the tank on the spot to face what you are tank shocking/ramming, then after pre-measuring, declare the number of inches you intend to ram/tank shock, and then you move the tank.

As I read it, the only distinction between ramming and tank shock in this edition, is that normal tank shock will stop if it comes in base contact with an enemy vehicle, while a ramming unit will try to push through, possibly while damaging itself.

EDIT: All of this is page 92 and 93 of the BRB.

And has anyone seen the updated vehicle list that was released by forgeworld on their website on the 20th of July this year?

Not on their site presently.....

Perhaps you are seeing the one from 2012 that is on the WEBSITE they redid in july of this year?

Anyways no other advice on these other items I was asking about? And is the imperial armour volume 2 second edition the most current version of the book with all the forgeworld stuff inside of it was gonna pick up that one but want to make sure it's good for 7th before I drop the 80 bucks

You're right sorry dislexic when it comes to reading

Darn...I was hoping you were right and they had updated it.

Anyways no other advice on these other items I was asking about? And is the imperial armour volume 2 second edition the most current version of the book with all the forgeworld stuff inside of it was gonna pick up that one but want to make sure it's good for 7th before I drop the 80 bucks

Haven't tried the Deathstorms.

I have used the FW Dreadpod and it's amazing. The ability to not get out of the pod makes the embarked unit so much more viable. It's open-topped, so there's no loss for shooting. It's an awesome set of rules and I've used them many times.

I've also fielded the LS Tempests, which are from that book. Very meh.

I did a rapier battery once and was disappointed, but I think I could make better use of them with more practice.

I also did the FW siege dreadnought and was very happy with it. A dreadnought with a flamestorm cannon is awesome. I did manage to torch the contents of an ork transport via the siege melee weapon and it was effective. I haven't managed to assault any buildings with it.

I own a Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer and it's fun, but it really needs enemy super heavies with blast weapons to shine, and I have yet to face any in the same game I bring this guy.

I recently acquired a Caetus Assault Ram, but haven't fielded (or finished assembling it).

And, yes, IA:2 second edition is the most current version of those vehicles for loyalist SM. IA13 has the CSM versions.

Frontline gaming has this really awesome list of all the FW units and where their most current rules are, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpdR4s9sOcbDEv8S2mJUIUK2gtsOS8ZnfxRrcm1-n-U/pub?output=html

Rapier Batteries become amazing if you can get someone with Tank Hunter and/or Monster Hunter Joined to them. The options for that are pretty limited (I think just Ulrik the Slayer and a Techmarine from a Hammer of Caliban Formation, at least outside of FW), but if you can fit that in, it's awesome. They're also a great place to park your Warlord if you can keep them screened from Assaults (and to a lesser extent, Grav).

The Lucius Pattern Dread Pod is also amazing, especially for the less durable CC Dreads, like DC Dreads, Murderfang, and such.

That book also has the Mortis Dreads, which are one of the best Anti-Air options available to Imperial Armies.

I've looked at the rapier batteries look like they could be fun. I'm gonna submit a forgeworld order soon if anyone wants to jump in let me know it'll be a week or so before I get to actually place the order but I'll leave the option open for somebody who wants to help eat up shipping costs

Not sure the Rapiers are worth getting the official Models for if you're up for some conversion, tho. They're pretty easy to make either from the track parts of Kataphron Servitors (use the tops to make another Squad swappable) or Taurox Tracks, which have pretty good availability because of all the people who converted them to wheels. I'm in the process of making two batteries, one each way.

Not sure the Rapiers are worth getting the official Models for if you're up for some conversion, tho. They're pretty easy to make either from the track parts of Kataphron Servitors (use the tops to make another Squad swappable) or Taurox Tracks, which have pretty good availability because of all the people who converted them to wheels. I'm in the process of making two batteries, one each way.

Thing about the Rapiers is that there are GW pewter models of those in circulation. That said, it's basically 2x2 lascannons with tank tracks. I made a custom one that uses the Thunderfire cannon "slot" as my thunderfire cannon is mounted in an achilles, so it was a win-win.