Jim's Random Painting Project Log

JMGraham

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Another month, more painting. Here are some infantry for my growing Corsair army, and the rest of my Warlands gang.

The Corsairs are pieced together from GW Dark Elves, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Eldar vehicle pieces. The Warlands warband started life as Matchbox and/or Hot Wheels cars, and then got resin tires, GW bits, plasticard, and little 1/72 scale gladiators and Native Americans.

FGTurfK.jpg

The Monster Truck. Yes, there is a pair of midget gladiators in there.

2aJ5yUm.jpg

i1tP7HQ.jpg

Missile buggies:

pOBUjfD.jpg

entyTZU.jpg

Gun buggies:

JAW4NDb.jpg

IIRNIQm.jpg

Gentle Moses, the MVP of my gang. Between the plow ram, spikes, twin-linked mini-gun, and the lightning engine, this bad mother caught the sun.

TchDklC.jpg

xM9SAOF.jpg

Here are the Corsairs, ran as infiltrators with jetpacks.

OKzXIyo.jpg

sqnr3Fj.jpg

And, the characters – An Autarch with warpjump, a Corsair Prince, and a Warp Spider Exarch.

trrb4A3.jpg

aBtxVRO.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I finished the last of my Void Dragon Corsair models for the OFCC a week or so ago. I just have to build a flying base for the Lynx, and I'm set. Here's the final list:

A couple of Hornets and a Vyper:

xKlKSdx.jpg

Fire Prism:

sw77ohK.jpg

Fire Storm:

osas7W5.jpg

Lynx:

6qvLU8m.jpg

My Corsair Prince and some bikes. This includes 2 scatter lasers and 3 Felarchs:

pKcZw7d.jpg

The Eldar allies. A 3-strong unit of Eldar bikes and a unit of Warp Spiders with Exarch and Autarch:

5Yvweqf.jpg

2 Wasp Assault Walkers and 2 squads of Ghost Walkers with Jetpacks and a fusion gun:

1zIH1Jx.jpg

A Venom with 5 Corsairs:

J9gTXfa.jpg

Not shown are my 5 Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent, who won't be coming along to the OFCC. I'm excited about being done painting these for a while. I'll likely do lots of 1-up projects before I tackle another army again. It was fun, though! I feel like those smooth Eldar curves really helped me step up my blending game.

• Like 5