Rare steaks better for America

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Grim Resolve

Yeah, well guess what- those vitamins don't vanish into thin air when you cook it properly. What's more, your digestive tract is evolutionarily designed to process cooked meat more efficiently than raw meat, as the denatured proteins are easier to break down into energy and etc.

Rare steaks: wrong on nutrition. Wrong on taste. Wrong for America.

Yeah sounds just like a real American politician spotting none sense :biggrin:. Always claiming things without science.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/ask-a-health-expert/medium-rare-or-well-done-which-kind-of-meat-is-healthier/article13040626/?service=mobile

Enjoy your colon cancer.

ill chime in :P  denatured does not necessarily mean easier to digest!  when you heat denature it also causes cross fixing which actually makes it more difficult for enzymes to break down proteins.  the main reason that ancient humans/primates cooked foods was not for easier digestion but to kill pathogens associated with raw meat.  and yes cooking meat actually does increase your risk to colon cancers due to the compounds formed from cooking meat.  also the high fat/low fiber ratio can affect hormone levels which are also very important in cancer risk. 

• Like 1

DP put essentially everything I learned in school, so I wont expand on it too much.  Good show.  Killing parasites and other harmful bugs, along with preservation, are the reasons that humans continued to cook and smoke meat. 

In many cases they may have also discovered that it tasted much better!

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

But reason our ancestors also had to kill those pathogens is they had unsanitary butchering. Most food borne illnesses is based on how the meat is butchered.

My colon is good because I like it bloody and my gut is safe from illness because I go to a butcher I trust not chain grocers.

The more you cook the more you season it and alter its flavor. Meat tastes good warm that is the only reason I don't eat it warm.

Mind you I know chicken is unsafe raw. I only eat my red meat bloody and occasional pork.