Ordo Bowl Persistent League

savion47

My team is registered on Ordobowl: Aqshy Aelfs. 

How do I get my 7s players?

Shoot me a PM with the player number and the skill/stat that needs updated. I will manually do that and take the cash from your treasury. Remember that the upgraded players will cost the base cost + the cost of the skill/stat.

Quick question for everyone:

Since we are getting up there in number of coaches (a very good thing) I am having some thoughts on scheduling. There are a couple ways we could do this. I would like it to be a round robin where every team plays each other once. This becomes more difficult as we get more coaches however because of the time commitment required. To solves this problem I have a few ideas.

First off we could break up the league. For instance, if we had 16 coaches, that would require 15 games. Maybe have 8 games, a break of 1-2 months, then 7 games + playoffs.

Second idea is to not have everyone play each other. I would randomly split up the group into 2 halves and each team would play each other in their respective group.  Then, there would be a separate playoff in each group with the top two teams in each playing each other for the championship.

Personally, I like the former to the latter. I think doing one longer season a year is preferable to a few smaller ones, but it does come with the added time commitment for games for all coaches and I know there can be breakdown after some time (though hopefully the breaks in the season would help alleviate some of that problem).

Anyway, please share your thoughts. I am again very excited about the interest in the league and look forward to week 1.

Short season.

Week 1 = random matchups.

Each subsequent week, you match up the best teams (wins, points, league stats, whatever) that have not played each other yet. That way we don't get runaway teams crushing hapless noobs, and every week has interesting matchups.

That is a lot more work for me though

That way we don't get runaway teams crushing hapless noobs

Don't ruin my plans!!  :biggrin:

I like the idea of the shorter seasons but that's also because it's been said games would take two weeks & I'm not a fan of taking a 1-2 month break.  This short break for xmas between seasons is painful enough.

Since Stunty is on FUMBBL now has there been consideration to changing the persistent league to one week matches? 

Ok, so after a lot of thought and input from you folks, I decided to stick to the current schedule of 8 games. First match will be random and then from that point forward it will be swiss adjusted so two teams do not play each other multiple times. Play offs will be top 4 teams. So this will be 8 to possible 10 games. 

I will have pairing for game one posted soon. I will have the matches scheduled on ordobowl.com so you can enter the data on the site after your game. If you have not used the site before for data entry and have any questions please let me know. It can be a bit confusing at first.

Also remember that you can print out a match report sheet with all the player info to make it easy to record the data during the game. This can be done by going to Matches>Upcoming Matches>View (on your specific match)>Download PDF Report.

Another thing to remember that IR on the sheet and on the site stand for Improvement Roll. This is where you put the dice you roll for any skill increases you get in the post game.

Last thing. Ignore the link to Extra Player Stats. Unless you really want to track that info and enter it. It is not required at all.

• Like 1

Ordobowl Winter 2016 Season Round 1

• Hearts of Oak v. The Red Menace
  • Murder Junkies v. Temple Tlantla
  • Clar Karond Corsairs v. Ard Ballerz
  • The Mouse House Rejects v. Green Machine
  • Re-Born in the Purple v. Rhuntars Human Team Match will be created when Rhuntars team is made
  • Aqshy Aelfs v. North Plains
  • honkysquawk v. Rob Match will be created when both teams are made
  • Green Skin Slackers v. michaels other team 

Games can be played anywhere that is convenient for both coaches during the 2 week period, though a lot of folks play at the Ordo Game Nights as we have a bunch of pitches and folks there to talk Blood Bowl. You can find information about the club house here. Always check the Game Night section of the forums for a post regarding a particular game night (tuesdays and sundays each week).

Using the schedule posting in the first post. Here it is in case you don't want to go back there:

SCHEDULE:

·         Nov. 8 – Jan 4: Team rosters built 

·         Jan 10 – Jan 23: Game 1

·         Jan 24 – Feb. 6: Game 2

·         Feb 7 – Feb 20: Game 3

·         Feb 21 – Mar 5: Game 4

·         Mar 6 – Mar 19: Game 5

·         Mar 20 – Apr 2: Game 6

·         Apr 3 – Apr 16: Game 7

·         Apr 17 – Apr 30 : Game 8

·         May 14: PLAYOFFS!

Ordobowl Winter 2016 Season Round 1

• Hearts of Oak v. The Red Menace
  • Murder Junkies v. Temple Tlantla
  • Clar Karond Corsairs v. Ard Ballerz
  • The Mouse House Rejects v. Green Machine
  • Re-Born in the Purple v. Rhuntars Human Team Match will be created when Rhuntars team is made
  • Aqshy Aelfs v. North Plains
  • honkysquawk v. Rob Match will be created when both teams are made

Hi savion, I didn't see my Orc team in there...  The Green Skin Slackers.   I have created my team on the website.