Betrayal At Calth Discussion was Heresy Rumors?

pretre

God these pictures are the worst, please just take off the plastic wrap and take a nice full shot of the back of the box. That being said this really looks intriguing.

I wonder if this will come with 2 rules sets in the box, one for the board game and one for real 30k?

I doubt it...this will come with the rules for the boxed game...30K rules you will probably still need the FW books.

Hello there,

If the game designers are going off the historical fluff, it would almost be a lock that it would be Mark IV armor.  The Traitor Legions had already phased out their Mark II suits and Horus (booo) made sure that the Traitor Legions would get the Mark IV suits well before the Loyalists.

The Ultramarines did design their own version of the Mark IV, the Praetorian pattern but if this game is about Calth, and thus one of the pivotal "announcements" of the Heresy, then yeah I would've expected Mark IV for the Word Bearers and Mark II with a smattering of Praetorian for the leaders for the Ultramarines.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 2

Hello there,

Mark II for the Ultramarines would've been more historically accurate, I agree.  And would've broken up the monotony to boot!  The Ultramarines *did* design their own pattern of Mark IV, the Praetorian pattern, but by Calth I think I've read that it was only very limited release to upper echelon folks by then.

I would assume that the plastic mold makers could show me lots of economic statistical data equating to "we don't care as much about that," however.  ha ha

Stay safe,

don

From spikey bits

hh2.jpg
hh6.jpg

Please note these pictures were sent to US via an anonymous source. We are not watermarking them, and they are free to use by anyone via Fair Use from a news media outlet.

At Spikey Bits we never hold the hobby hostage with images, please do not either.

Here’s our first clear shots of the new Horus Heresy box set, and it looks absolutely amazing. From the looks of this HEX based board, this is it’s own separate game from the Horus Heresy we all know and love from Forge World.

Perhaps the Battle For Calth will be similar to the 1-player execution force game that the Assassins came in?

Contents of the Box:

30x Tactical marines MK IV Plate
5x Catapharctii Terminators
1x Contemptor with Lascannon, Melta, Assault Cannon and CCW
1x Captain Aethon
1x Kurtha Sedd
There is new game dice, and some sort of legion specific game play “command” decks as well. We can also see what looks to be wound makers in front of one of the terminators too.

The description mentions a 48-page rules book that may perhaps contain Battle for Calth scenarios as well as datasheets for the named characters listed, and squads.

If you’re not sold yet that you need this box in your life, checkout the values on these kits if you bought them from Forge World.

So keeping that in mind lets break down the retail pricing from Forge World:

Artificier Armor Centurion, Cataphractii Terminator Praetor  £31.50 For the set of two
Mk IV Maximus Marine Squad (x10) £46 plus £23 for the bolters
Mk IV Maximus Marine Squad (x10) £46 plus £23 for the bolters
Mk IV Maximus Marine Squad (x10)£46 plus £23 for the bolters
Cataphractii Terminator Squad (x5) £34 ea
Contemptor Dreadnought  £32 ea (minus arms), plus £9.5 an arm x4
At those prices this box set comes out to a total of £348 which equals out to about

$522.00!!!
And that was the old prices before the recent “stealth” price adjustment that was reported this week!

Whether you play Heresy or not, you may not want to pass up a deal like this from Games Workshop.

All this is coming your way on November 14!

• Like 1