KoW game night  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what days work for you(~5-6pm)?

• monday
    • wednesday
    • thursday
    • friday
    • saturday
    • tuesdays(at wow if they have room for us!)
  2. 2. game store preference(sorry pdx only!)

• Guardian Games
    • Red Castle(there's some unfortunate rumors of closure though...)
    • Portland Game Store
    • Western Oregon Wargamers(would need senator permission obviously)
    • time is more important than location for me!

Nooo I just saw this. I'll put it with my things for next week.

Thanks rcnjack, broG and peanut for throwing some dice. Definitely loved the game and thanks peanut for the patience. I'll start a thread for next week. Think we should do some scenarios!

NP man, I am in no rush at all. I knew it was probably way to late as a reminder when I posted. Hopefully I will make a sunday soon too.

• Like 1

hehe dont worry im going to get it started  :)  ill try and get something organized in thought for tomorrow then ill post it... we'll start at 1k and then work gradually to 2k using their suggested scenerios and i might add a few for giggles.  ill work on a point system too.   and ill need to think about a prize as well.  i might just purchase a warlord standing of next year for the winner or something on that line.  glad you guys are enjoying it as much as i am. 

DP

• Like 1

Had a great game against Rcnjack. His gobbos foiled my dwarves' plan to horde the loot. We did run across a rules issue that was not really clear on how to proceed.

AAAAA

.......bbbbbbbbb

.......bbbbbbbbb

CC..bbbbbbbbb

Imagine A will charge b in the flank. However, when sliding down to align, A will contact unit C. Now according to the rules we found, unit C is pushed back to allow for A.

However, on the forums, they state that unit A only slides until it would contact C, and then stops short. The "slide" or "shuffle" to bring a unit center to center is not overriding. Basically, you move them as far as you can, but other units/terrain will stop the movement, but still allow the charge.

What disallows a charge seems to be if you can't get your charging unit flush with the enemy unit. This is the one part of the game where they need more examples and clear rulings. Just be aware that these situations can easily come up and even be planned. I'm gong to harass them on the forums to really clarify these situations.

on page 10 it says 

"Finally shuffle the chargers sideways until their unit leader point is directly opposite the center of the unit, or as close as possible to it."

The next paragragh then says that you cant be corner to corner when charging.  

This tells me that you shuffle as far as you can and as long as your arent corner to corner its a legal charge.  Assuming you are able to line up flush with the enemy during the charge move.