Heretic Librarius Conclave and Order of Events

InfestedKerrigan

Love that series!

After thinking about it some more...  I think it would be fun to summon "Angelic Hosts" in the form of angels, Valkyries, war dogs or whatever.   Just use the daemon stats with alternate figures.  There have to be some good guys out there in the warp.   

There are actually some hints in a couple of places that the Legion of the Damned might essentially be Daemons of the Emperor.

• Like 1

After thinking about it some more...  I think it would be fun to summon "Angelic Hosts" in the form of angels, Valkyries, war dogs or whatever.   Just use the daemon stats with alternate figures.  There have to be some good guys out there in the warp.   

I was already looking at using Raging Hero for Khornate Daemonette models, but I hadn't thought about an Angelic Host type thing.  I'm going to think on this some before I buy any Khorne models.

• 4 weeks later...

End of the phase.. because things happen at the end of the phase. When you declare the end of your psychic phase you are informing your opponent that you are done and you and your opponent can now do all the end of phase actions required, like moral checks. If you declare end of phase and your opponent throws their morale dice and then you say "oh wait, I am still casting" then either the moral check stands and you can't cast anymore anyway, or it doesn't because you are going to try to tell your opponent you just lied to them.

I kinda feel like we're at the point where both sides have seen all of the opposing argument that there is, and if anyone's not convinced yet, it ain't gonna happen. I'm gonna wait and see if the ITC says anything about it before I drop in here again.

We've submitted it to the ITC and are awaiting what they say. 

We've submitted it to the ITC and are awaiting what they say. 

Glad you're trying that.

Personally, RAW is that summoned daemons are CTA allies, so the logical move is that ITC bans summoning CTA allies.

That said, ITC never seems to take my side on things, so it will probably get resolved another way.

I just found my Eisenhorn trilogy book, while going through my wargamming  boxes.  I turned my wife onto reading the Dresden Files.  She loves them!  Next I'm going to suggest Eisenhorn.   Plus, I've been gluing up and trimming models when we watch TV together.  Then I show them to her...

Who know, maybe I can get her to play a game or two?   What if she got hooked?  A man can dream.... LOL!

• Like 1

ITC bans taking detachments that would be CTA with your other detachments.

That's not the same thing at all. Summoned models are not part of any detachment.

Ugh. Do you really want to go into this one again?

RAW, summoned units are each part of their own detachment. It's found in the summoning rules. Yeah, each summoned unit is it's own detachment, meaning a summing army will rapidly have a ridiculous number of detachments. Remember though, GW intended these rules to work within a 40k that allows unlimited detachments (unbound), so it really isn't that strange that GW decided to handle the rules in this manner.

You are correct that ITC alters the list construction rules regarding CTA allies, not the in-game rules regarding CTA allies.

Main issue regarding CTA and ITC is that, unlike previous editions, the ally levels really only apply during the game and aren't intended to function during list creation - Granted, GW intended for a lot of disasters regarding list creation, like unbound lists, which is why ITC was formed.

Anyway, I was suggesting a change to the ITC. I was also expressing a clear point that despite my many suggestions regarding the ITC, they do not typically agree with me, so even if I have a valid argument or suggestion, debating it is rather pointless as they are highly unlikely to adopt my stance.

Many of the ITC's rulings related to dated concepts within previous 40k rules, which no longer apply, but that a clear majority of 40k players still want to use. This isn't really a fault of the ITC, as it mostly bends to the collective will of the majority, but it is disappointing for those of uncommon mindsets, like myself, as we are not represented by the majority. The ITC, more or less, if focused on making 40k popular (and, by extentsion, the ITC), and isn't really focused on a balanced or RAW ruleset.

In many respects, the ITC serves to save 40k from GW. If you doubt, look back at WHFB and see what 40k could have been like if an organization like the ITC hadn't formed to save 40k.

I don't like the ITC, but that doesn't prevent me from seeing it's value to the hobby. 40k is surviving 7th because of the ITC, despite GW's best efforts to sabotage their own game.

Anyway, you got me going. Spoilers tags in an attempt to prevent thread derailment. Send me a PM if you want to continue this one.

I just found my Eisenhorn trilogy book, while going through my wargamming  boxes.  I turned my wife onto reading the Dresden Files.  She loves them!  Next I'm going to suggest Eisenhorn.  

My wife mostly reads *serious* literature like Russian authors and she LOVED Eisenhorn.  I consider it one of my favorite books period.  

• 4 weeks later...

Question:

In the Space Marine formation Librarius Conclave, the rules say that the non nominated librarians cannot manifest until the end of the psychic phase. Does that mean that they cannot manifest powers in that phase at all or is there a space in time where they regain their powers to manifest before the phase actually ends? There is a paragraph on pg. 17 of the BRB that refers to beginning and end of phases. Do the rules in this paragraph allow these librarians manifest at the end of the phase?

Answer:

No they do not manifest that turn

There we go. I hate trying to cut paste with my phone.

• Like 2

I believe they would be able to cast at the end of the phase but since the end phase is after all voluntary actions I dont believe you would be able to cast any powers with them. They just gain there ability to cast back so that you can cast powers next turn. The librarius conclave is still really good manifesting on a 2+ haha. It is poorly written on GW's part but that would be my ruling.