DPs infinity blerg

Don't Panic

asura list with missile fun.  *shudder*

logo_701.png ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_15.pngNETROD . (0 | 4)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_4.pngASURA Lieutenant Hacker (Hacking Device Plus UPGRADE: Redrum) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_7.pngDASYU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
logo_49.pngPROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_6.pngNAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
logo_12.pngSAMEKH Rebot Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
logo_6.pngNAGA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
logo_10.pngDALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
logo_17.pngPROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_14.pngYUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png2  
logo_13.pngLAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_2.pngGARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 30)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

• Like 1

marut list... think im actually the most excited to try out the asura list!

logo_701.png ALEPH

logo_17.pngPROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_5.pngMARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
logo_6.pngNAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_6.pngNAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_32.pngTHAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_11.pngZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_8.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png1  

6 SWC | 300 Points

just a note, their slight update to shasvastii was done today.  basically a slight change to the sheskin profile with a red fury option(plus prothein L3 which is sweeet)  and increase in AVA to shrouded and i think malignos maybe as well?  AVA4 on shrouded is SCARY.  a downside is seed soliders are no longer able to link, which is kinda bizarre as thats their cheapest link option and rumours were of some way to make them better but turns out they are going in another direction.  interrrrresting.  oh, not a huge secret but im slowly collecting shas models.  waiting on newer models as i have most if not all the newer ones in sphinx, corax, haiduk and noctifier.  along with dr worm.  really want to play them though as i do feel they play kinda to my style of play... (i like elite camo infiltrators!).  i definitely am excited to use a sphinx someday.  really like the idea of a sneaky fast and in yo face TAG.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
logo_701.png ALEPH

logo_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)

logo_3.pngDEVA (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 33)

logo_6.pngNAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)

logo_7.pngDASYU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)

logo_6.pngNAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)

logo_49.pngPROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

logo_8.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

logo_501.png Nomads

logo_14.pngDAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

logo_15.pngCLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

logo_4.pngINTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)

logo_49.pngTASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)

logo_35.pngSALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

logo_32.pngTSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)

logo_34.pngZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

logo_30.pngMORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

logo_30.pngMORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

logo_10.pngZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png1  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2

logo_10.pngZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

logo_12.pngMORLOCK Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)

logo_12.pngMORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)

6 SWC | 299 Points

So Nate K and I got a fun game for our first games of 300 with Human Sphere.  We were both kinda tired seeing as i had 4 hours of sleep after a 13 hour shift and he has a newborn... call it a wash lol.  I brought my 'typical' list with twists i added from HSN3 which include the option of deva sensor as Lt and Mk5.  Also added KHD naga instead of my AHD and then switched my infiltrator Mk2 hacker to sniper due to new changes in proxies i wanted to test it out and will probably switch back in forth as to not be predictable.  The big missing piece from the list is machaon/pheonix/some greek dude.  im aiming for as few greeks as possible in my vanilla lists.

Nate K brought things he usually brings in a couple morans, morlocks, intruder hmg, interventor and added the new taskmaster to the mix.  i rrrreallly like that taskmaster and is a royal pain in the butt with 2 koalas as well!  think the major tradeoff was he didnt have his usual spektr in the list which i think he likes a lot.  

So i won the roll and elected to go first even though we were playing frontline and he plays pretty defensive lists i wanted to see the 'punch' potential of the list i had and how to use it first turn.  he took the slightly better side with a sniper tower that had split views of lanes.  Table had 2 TDT horizon core stacks in middle along with the antenna shed.  it was set up like a diagonal grid which i like to do with my table set to create interesting interactions(and i think it does the job well!).  I set up first.  mk5 was slightly forward deployment inside a building in middle.  myrmidon was on top of that building in opposite corner. spitfire deva next to it. i put mk2 sniper hidden with view of the larger sniper tower yet notably very far back to be outside 32 inches ;)  Daleth was far left behind a building.  put the 'naga spam' on right middle around the hvt.  dasyu i put in marker state in middle of a horizon building on right side with good view access of the table(yet not visible yet by his side of the table as i put him not looking out a window... will NOT be intrudered is the name of the game haha).  Everything else was pretty much right middle behind a building(mk1, zayin... whatnot).  

His deployment was intruder where we knew it would be prone next to a daktari on top of the overlooking building(typical lol).  his far right was the baggage bot next to feuerbach bot.  he had the assault hacker midfield prone his right in front of the building not visible.  interventor near in middle along with clockmaker farther back near bots.  he place morans along the middle prone as usual with koalas flippin everywhere and his taskmasker prone on his left side.  morlocks there was one near intruder(obviously) and one farther left on the side.  his minelayer zero was threatening area near my naga wall on the opposite building.

My turn 1:  so he had koalas in really annoying areas as usual.  one was just outside of my mk5 that i wanted to test.  so first things first since he had pretty much all eyes down, here comes garuda.  he has an entrance on my left side near his camo marker to make a run to his backline and mess up a lot of things.  problem is that camo marker was an assault hacker... 'sigh'.  so he carbonites but i make my BTS save.  hurray!  so garuda sits there and waits for help.  in steps deva spitfire to go on a very epic rampage.  i knew i had to lean on him heavily to have a shot against his camo/intruder so i needed to use him aggressively.  he runs up and has to waste shots to clear a koala or two.  gets up to assault hacker and blasts him to pieces as he lays a mine.  so i move a few things with a command token and see if deva can make his dodge.  he does(yup it will be that kind of game...).  then kills a lot in his back line.  the feuerbach bot, morlock, interventor, clockmaker...  baggage bot survives right next to him.  i didnt really care which honestly was a huge mistake i got away with due to a rules change i was unaware of yet nate knew(get to later). put deva and a few guys command token suppressive fire.  

nomad turn 1: morlock runs forward impetuously.  i have a naga boarding shotgun that could break out of camo to take a long range shot.  i get lucky and beat him f2f and he drops.  he brings baggage bot into deva and i was confused but then he showed me the new electric pulse change 'sigh'.  so it counts as automatically passing hitting on a 7.  well deva CC i think is like 14 or something so thats not good for me.  i roll a 12 and bot drops.  yup that type of game even when he got me a diced my way out.... he then popped up intruder.  he killed the myrmidon and deva spitfire(gets gold medal of the day), but sniper Mk2 knocks him unconscious.  he kills the naga boarding shotgun with red fury taskmaster(he called red fury 'aleph bane' and rightfully so haha).  heals intruder AND a morlock up with same order(also something i think is new...) with dak and helper bot.  then command token shuffles and re-prones things.  

my turn 2: time for hero number 2, enter the delicious new mk5.  she moves forward and toasts a zero and moran yet takes a wound in the process to NWI.  survives dodging a koala(didnt know you dodge them on base phys, not -3 like a mine!) and gets up close and personnel with the taskmaster and puts him down.  

his turn 2: he called it as we were running late on time and he was in l.o.l. with like 4 orders or so.    

thoughts: didnt utilize the sensor deva like i was planning to but things worked out a lot more positively than i thought it would.  the mk5 is amazing.  as is the taskmaster(he killed both nagas actually and with quite ease).  I had to sacrifice and throw everything to preventing intruder shenanigans and did keep him about as in check as possible.  the taskmaster really impressed me as a piece that just soaks up the field a ton and wow the board control of nomads is a thing to be feared EVEN MORE with his addition.  my dice were extremely hot though and surviving that mine with the deva is really what gave me the upper hand.  i do think i need to fit in a regular hacker in my list somehow if im running a zayin... i put things as out of site of the intruder as possible and that really saved my neck tbh.  our games have been really interesting and hope to get more against him as he is a darn good player.  its weird cause i think the only 2 games ive ever had my deva spitfire go on a rampage were both against him... usually he just dies comically haha.  regardless im super pumped about these rules changes.  they are really game changing i feel.  didnt get to utilize the khd but will in future i think.  the proxies are just stupidly good is a fair conclusion of the game.  10 point model killed about 80-90 points.  and the mk2 even though in a bad matchup with range bands and ability to effectively ARO now(hurray!) it will be one of the nastier AROs in the game i feel.  excited for vanilla aleph, but gotta drag my feet playing Iliad recreations for a while :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a game in against Andy in Redmond when Emily and I were visiting Seattle(thanks Nakedpanda for housing us!!!).  We played Decapitation and i brought the 'new dirty Marut list'.  He brought some corgidoor with a few intruders(Lt and sniper), lupe aguacile link, spitfire bot, jaguar haris with senor masacre, bandit hacker... some other stuff i cant remember lol.   

I won roll and of course went first and Strategos'd him.  killed the jaguar panzer and intruder sniper with marut.  brought mk5 around and killed another jaguar plus put the spitfire bot unconscious.  not sure much else happened except i put mk5, marut and FO bot in suppressive.  he used some nice tactics and zero vis smoked with senor to block marut.  then intruder Lt killed mk5.  brought his engineer drop troop on and healed the spitfire bot.  brought the bot around and tried to shoot marut and FO bot split fire.  i liked my chances there with 3 vs 2 dice in both situations with similar odds but dice were dice and he killed the bot and i rolled a 1 for my armor save on the marut... 'sigh' such is life lol.  Second turn i shoot the bot with marut and we come under a rules issue: he wants to shoot a marker but claims he can do it in a non-F2F situation.  I kinda thought it was impossible to do that but we played it his way(found out i was right though, its definitely a F2F after looking it up).  well murdered the bot but the marker got off next to marut.  so i chained it with myrmidon and he saved it.  then was like 'screw this ill just kill all his hackers'.  brought naga minelayer up and killed the bandit and also got his hmg aguacile in the blast.  then went down the line and killed 3 more aguaciles along with the final hacker.  problem solved lol.  my naga minelayer has to have killed more models than any other model i have... His 2nd turn he was about to throw in the towel but he went for one last hurrah and managed to be one of the first people since the first game i played with marut to put it unconscious lol.  he was hitting on 6 with his panzer and managed to beat marut in f2f to put 2 on her.  so he was now in a good position due to his intruder being a coward hiding and making it difficult for me to get to it with pieces nearby.  so i decided to heal marut back up third turn and then get my 2 classifieds and play defensive third turn.  he went for my elected Lt naga who was in suppressive fire but the naga slipped like a little snake and ended up being like 7-5 or something.  reallly should have been more careful with marut as getting to his Lt was going to be nigh impossible.  luckily my classifieds were pretty easy to attain while his last one was default HVT one and i had scylla and a naga + mine next to it haha.  Andy is a really cool guy and i was happy  to get a game against him.  Darn good player too!  

• Like 3

well it changed names to 'pitcher' in human sphere but from what i can see i dont think rules changes have changed from it.  the reasoning for why you cant do that is this: you have to target the model that gives you the ARO.  Its a BS attack.  even though it has the characteristics of indiscriminate and targetless you have to choose the model that gives you the ARO as the target because its a rule of ARO.

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/ARO:_Automatic_Reaction_Order

"AROs must choose the trooper activated by the Order as their target"

you can use targetless, etc while in active turn but reactively you are limited to target what is shooting you.  

what probably confuses you is deployable weapons.  those are special in that you still claim the target as attack, but it is just deployed at the end of the order instead.  BS attack is the key word for markers(or pitchers, whatever lol) that makes it a F2F.  

• Like 1

What if you are not targeting a model? Let's say a Moderator from Bakunin is hidden from enemy troops. He can see a nice spot 16 inches ahead that he wants to land a marker with his pitcher. Could he do it then with out a face to face? It is like tossing a smoke grenade from behind concealment to hit the place you want to go to.......

Where was he trying to hit the repeater? On a model? A face to face would seem mandatory at that point.

• Like 1

within 8 of the marut.  its fine i think ive figured it out(and i was wrong, you are right RD lol).  its actually allowed.  lots of arguments over it.  just like smoke haha(actually most of the reasoning comes from smoke).  took me a while to find an actual clarified reasoning to it.... but yea apparently you can just shoot it willy nilly anywhere you please and its normal unless you put it in b2b with the marut. i forgot to say i shot the bot through smoke with marut(as i always do) which also complicated it a bit more..... and im trying to figure that out on the forums and talking to peeps on fb.

• Like 1

So played 3 games at glimpses.  had a blast!  obviously you wish for bigger numbers at events, but having a round robin against 3 very good players was very fun i felt!  
First game was against eric and his nomads.  frontline i believe. 

all i know is it has a bunch of orders and the main pieces i came in contact with.  it is very unusual from the lists ive played against RD.  generally im use to an intruder and generally 2 of them.  this was more of an order spam list using aguaciles with lupe and pumping orders into a bandit and a AD troop(hellcat or tomcat i always get them confused...).  also first time ive seen him use wildcats.  i really liked his list as it was far different thing that i was expecting.  i brought the list i posted previously but ill post it again:
logo_701.png ALEPH

logo_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_3.pngDEVA (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 33)
logo_6.pngNAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_14.pngYUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

I left both my lists at the bottom of the stairs of my home(i definitely did not have enough coffee that day...).  Luckily i had a previous list ive used lately that is literally one thing different(downgrading the mk2 sniper to mk2 AHD shotgun and a yudbot lol) so i used that list with the edits.  he started moving the wildcat haris and killed my mk5(sad theme here for poor mk5...). waited for the right time to jump mk2 out of hidden and found it when the haris went past it.  boarding shotgun and TO really is amazing... ended up getting all 3 of them with mk2.  then he brought bandit out to attack it.  brought naga out to hack it and he hacked back putting it dogged(forgot to hack with mk2 and make him split burst... that was stupid...). anyways he brought the koala bot forward and gave naga some shots and he eventually hit and knocked it unconscious.  naga dies due to dogged...
my first turn i ran minelayer naga up to terrorize the aguacile link.  killed lupe and the daktari i think.  then left a mine present to another member of the link.  not sure much else happened?  his turn 2 he ran the bandit down killing the mk2 with hacking.  then killed mk1 and the TR bot. i think he brings an aguacile up the flank and dasyu comes out of hiding to shoot it but i think fails to kill it.  think the AD troop comes on now and shoots at dasyu but it survives because dasyu are awesome.  then i think he finishes it off with the hmg or ML.  idk i just remember it getting pasted haha.  my turn 2 i rampage deva spitfire forward killing some spam plus that annoying jerk bandit.  then it gets stunned and ruins its rampage from a flippin aguacile.  his turn 3 i think he runs his hmg forward to put in position to see things.   my turn 3 garuda comes in middle zone essentially claiming it.  deva runs up to far zone shooting at and taking a wound from the hmg aguacile.  the decides to do nothing lol.  naga runs forward into the far zone.  then move the FO bot into the zone.  that was about it.  RD frustrated me more than any other game i think.  so hats off to him.  definitely not what the O.P. says the game was...

game 2 was a TAG off against seraph/rudra for decapitation.  I take marut list: 

logo_701.png ALEPH

orden_regular.png10  
logo_5.pngMARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
logo_6.pngNAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_43.pngSCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
 sep.giflogo_43.pngDEVABOT CARIBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

I want to use scylla but yet again i dont find the opportunity really to unleash her.  think im probably just bad at using her... anyways, he takes sides and i take initiative.  marut starts by cutting pie on the order serg link and killing both HRL one by one.  then bring the naga mono up and lay 2 next to seraph and the link.  mission accomplished lol.
his turn he sacs the hacker on the mono mines which makes me sad but hey at least it was a hacker that i wont be dealing with this game lol.  then seraph runs at marut like a crazy robot.  takes shots from the worst BS13 TO sniper in the game and marut.  myrmidon and mk5 die(trend) to the auxbot i think.  marut makes its 4+ armor saves from the spitfire and gets one through on the seraph in ARO.  the stupid sniper missed UNOPPOSED 3 shots in the open against the seraph.  yes, thats hitting on 16s... then decides to hit when it finally closes in on the marut in CC.  and kills it... funniest and most dramatic run ive ever seen in infinity.  marut beat it in CC as its auxbot failed to close with about 1.5 inches away from giving the B2 in CC.  we rolled it for [big bad swear word]s afterwards and he kills the marut outright lol.  yup crazytown! regardless it was impressive how many shots that seraph took to the face and danced around until it finally closed in.  i would have thought for sure it would have either died before it got there or hell at least kill the marut when it got in CC lol.  strange times!  after that the game became marut dancing around in the back shooting things.  then getting blinded by a crit flash pulse.(fyi in cover a marut has to beat a 1 against a flash pulse so a crit is only way that really does anything... which happened haha).  unfortuantely the bulleteer got too close to a mine and died to take advantage of the situation.   i got coupe de grace against the seraph and killed his Lt with the sniper in active turn who was hiding in a spot that literally it could only see due to where i placed it...  crazy game really.

third game against kevin.  playing supremacy.  used my non-marut list again.  he had an order spam list as well.  hac tao hmg, tiger soldier, pheasant CoC and yan huo HMRC.  the rest was orders in butai, zhanshi?, kuang shi and a celestial guard.  game was very good.  kevin went first and used the hmrc and the kuang shi.  2 kuang shi perished to the TR bot.  the other 2 went exploring.  one got into the mk5 to explode but luckily shock ammo assisted in saving her butt(for a few more seconds..).  then hmrc came around and fried the TR bot dead.  also the FO bot and mk5 'sigh' poor girl never made it out of the first turn lol.  the bots being killed really stunk as my objective of rescue a STR with engineer got tougher as lamedh was all what was left.  He did use his Lt order revealing it was the yan huo.  I was going to attempt to isolate it anyways but that was a bonus haha.  so my turn i bring mk2 to isolate the yan huo.  takes a lot of orders surprisingly but eventually works.  then i brought on garuda to kill some spam that was in the wide open.  then turn the dasyu around the corner on the other side to kill 2 more orders.  
his turn he brings on the boarding shotgun tiger and kills the mk2.  brings on hac tao and does some damage with him killing a few of my pieces but i cant remember what.  think the garuda and another piece.  my turn i kill some more spam with dasyu thinning his orders out to i think to 3,4 or 5(that was basically my game plan as those big guys are tough to deal with in ARO!).  move deva spitfire and smoke shoot the yan huo.  i lose face to face and take a wound 'sigh' thankfully im aleph and NWI.  continue shooting it and crit kill it i believe(i didnt have many crits this tournament but those 2 came at a good time haha).  i suppressive fire the deva.  his third he runs the tiger up and deva wins ARO and puts him down and thats about it on his turn.  I use my third turn and all my orders trying to do my objective with my engineer and lamedh.  i surve lamedh on a platter and he kills it with the TO duder.  i repair it for a point.  he got 2 of the hacking things plus his objective and i got 2, objective and all 3 rounds of areas.  

fun tournament.  i played pretty close to my usual lists with the new proxy and KHD changes.  The proxies i still think are stupidly cheap.  KHD really affected games i felt.  Like RDs KHD bandit was annoying as hell lol.  My opponents did a good job of neutralizing what I wanted to do a lot so I sweated out pretty much every game.  they were all much closer than the scores i felt.  Especially vic point wise!  I really like the owner of glimpses.  Seems like a really down to earth guy with the right positive and open attitude.  I'll be attending tournaments whenever I can there but was nice to play in one for the first time since I started my new job lol.  Want to play the asura list sometime for fun and learn how to play her... also shock army and hector steel fun.  so my typical vanilla lists i think will sit for a while as i play with other toys haha.  Thanks Adam again for putting this together.  I know he did Sunday mostly to let me play so I really appreciate it!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so i havent really been painting minis at all lately... but mostly just this stuff!  Ive got most base paint done on the terrain(except throw terrain which is next project... that shouldnt take long though!), just need to touch up a little more with green to fix some glumps of brown from the stripe(stencil got a little wet so blobbed in a few locations) THEN i will go with some rusting effects.  Also will go back to my big antenna shed piece and touch that up a wee bit afterwards.  Then should be done!   I spent a little time painting via hand for the steel bars and holy heck air brushing is waaay faster so hopefully someday ill trust myself to be able to do finer details... still havent touched an infinity models with an airbrush which after the terrain(for ofcc) ill start testing on some shock duders.  pretty sure im going to bring shock if i can make it to ofcc... 

Anyways here is yet another terrible phone WIP pic!  enjoy the terribleness!

IMAG0376

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

alright SOME NON TERRIBLE PHONE PHOTOS WAHOOOOO!  found the canon lol.  but yea nearly done on outside.  some dry brushing and highlights and call it good.

They look great! I recognize the apartments from TDT but I am not sure which pieces are in the front and left of the top picture. I know they are TDT but didn't see them on the site. 

• Like 2

They look great! I recognize the apartments from TDT but I am not sure which pieces are in the front and left of the top picture. I know they are TDT but didn't see them on the site. 

You are correct.  They are prototypes that Chris was going to toss(they are not final versions, but i would GUESS you might see something like them in the near future...) that we came to a gentleman's agreement in exchange for goods/money.  

The pieces you see that are additional are an objective room with Horizon Core style with a half piece that fits in modular with it.  Then the very small piece actually fits on top of the horizon core regular buildings for a different stacking option.  Although that one doesnt really work modularly as the door opens on the wrong side into the ventilation piece(hey its a prototype lol).  They are very cool buildings.  My paint is pretty mediocre as usual, but it was fun to paint regardless.  Easy to assemble as long as you arent an idiot like me and you follow the actual directions(like make sure the doors handles go out rather than in so they 'clasp' onto the roof..... DOH).  I still have to paint up the interior and do my throw terrain as well.  But the hardest parts are done!

• Like 2

Updating the designs, simplifying the assembly, and adding on to existing profiles. Have a full set in the pipe, and am working on advertising copies now~!

<3<3<3

Awesome Chris! I love my apartments that I got from you and can't wait to add to them.

• Like 2

now that i paid up for ofcc...... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO BRING lol.  and its in a couple weeks haha.  vanilla aleph is what i have most experience with so ill probably go with that but honestly im not sure how they will pan out in biotechvore...  generally speaking, sectorials do that one much better due to fireteams.  so that brings me to steel or shock.  ive been list playing with shock and i just dont really have a list i like for biotechvore.  lots of slow IW guys with no or little BTS is no bueno.  so silly that im buiilding a list specifically for one mission cause its so extremely different :P  almost feel like steel is the way to go really, i say begrudgingly haha.  phalanx are not the best at the infiltrating though so they might struggle with the other missions.  honestly, feel like these missions are built for HI link teams lol.  they can move fast up the board to zones, survive the biotech zone to sit for a bit to wither away opponents with AROs and nothing really desires going into a room of HI dudes that can weather the storm of templates with high phys and multi wounds.  problem is: i dont play those haha.  so have to bring out the thinking cap!  also have to think about paint... steel is my least painted duders.  shock is probably my best painted, but i still never got to switching bases to TDT ones 'sigh'.  .  . . .. ..... ill decide by end of today haha.   

• Like 1

after staring at the bagh mari box at GG i broke down and bought it.  so now i have 8 bagh mari plus rao LOL.  needless to say ill be playing shock army at ofcc.  wish i could get the new Tik in time but that wont happen.  

after clipping/cleaning/sanding the new bagh mari... really happy i did as they are freaking gorgeous sculpts.  i didnt even realize that 2 of them were female hahaha(sniper and hacker).  the thought of using double bagh mari minelayer snipers makes me feel like a horrible person though... *shrugs* lol.  

• Like 2

At least they're not sappers.

true.  i love sappers.  the ability to make cover anywhere with a sniper just gives you so much flexibility in finding that perfect spot.  that saying, msv1, +2ARM and minelayer for 6 more points is pretty nice :)  i think thats one thing that shock is so unique in pan-o is their 3 choices in minelayers.  but drop bears in NCA i do envy hardcore hahaha.  

Minelayer is nice, but in Pano they're kinda a giveway, with no other real camo units to take advantage of.  I mean, you -could- downgrade a hexa/swiss/croc, but why the heck would you?

I have a love/hate relationship with Drop Bears. Failed 6 throws in one game once, three of which with 5-man bonus.

As NCA, who am I TRULY jealous of in ASA?

logo_102.png Shock Army of Acontecimento

orden_regular.png1  
logo_3.pngBAGH-MARI (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)

0.5 SWC | 23 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I maintain that NCA got screwed on Haris in H3.

tbh i think ORCs work best in NCA.  but yes overall they did get the small slice of the pie in haris.  now for locust though lol those are so awesome.  and you are forgetting one very ALEPH unit that can take advantage of it in shock ;) hint: its nagas.  i have a smoke and mirrors list with minelayers and a naga sniper.  its a gimmick(that if you pay attention to can probably guess) but regardless its hilarious/fun.   and failing 6 is just **** luck.  i mean thats some really bad luck there... i have things where ive had bad luck on, but schematically dont give up on it.  bolts are DA BOMB.  i dont get how people hate on them so much.  them and a Lt squallo is so much glory.... bro you playin xwing or infinity for ofcc?