How does Pandora get downfield?

orkdork

Three walks first turn if need be is more than sufficient to get her where she needs to be. After that up to two Incites per turn will give her a free 4" push each, and any time she wins a duel defending against an enemy attack (she always resists with Wp) she gets another 4" push. She's probably among the more maneuverable masters out there. ;)

• Like 1

It doesn't include when opponents resist with willpower, such as her Ca attack actions, but Incite is a Wp duel for Pandora and the enemy.

As for survivability, just try not to put her out where she can get ganged up on by the entire enemy crew and she can survive a lot (especially with her free push and a few high cards in hand she rarely let's an enemy model get more than one attack at her.

I prefer Voices to Box Opens, as Terrifying is not difficult for a powerful enemy to bypass and potentiality get a full activation to attack her, while with Voices Pandora can turn Paralyze into a weapon with up to 12" range and potentially shut down a large percentage of the enemy crew for a turn, including masters.

Ah! That makes so much more sense! Incite is wp vs wp.... sweetness.

I tried her with aether connection and box opens, but Nathan brought counterspell aura and the dampening ability on sonnia, so all was lost (no SS prevention).

That crows trigger on her attacks (voices) does seem outstanding!

What pieces do you take with her? Insidious madness seem to me to be a great pairing, moreso than the sorrows. Lilitu also seems an awesome match (though Lilitu + doppleganger strikes me as almost an auto-include for Neverborn).

Lilitu and doppelganger make regular appearances for me. I also love candy to really mess with your opponents activation order. Incite a model that has already activated and then run candy up next to it, next turn force that model to activate first, which then gets paralyzed because it's the first enemy model to activate and it's within 3" of candy. Profit! Cheating initiative with the doppelganger can guarantee getting two strong activations before your opponent can do anything.

Coppie also seems a great dopple mimic option.

Lilitu, coppie, dopple, AND candy leaves very little space for stitched, madness or sorrows.

And then you still have the Weaver, Teddy and Kade.

One knock against voices Pandora seems like it could be "why not Lilith instead?".

Though if I am facing a super open board, I would expect voices Pandora to rule supreme.

I generally take other things instead of Kade. He's an awesome model and concept (psychopathic baby with a knife) but being a first book model he suffers from the lack of staying power that plagued alot of minions in that book. Also there are alot of other nice combat models in his price range that have that little something Kade doesn't.

I'm really fond of Teddy so he's My usual go to beatstick, even in Lilith crews. I've not had much experience with the weaver, but My thinking would be either Copp and alps or Weaver and Teddy.

• Like 1

One knock against voices Pandora seems like it could be "why not Lilith instead?".

Though if I am facing a super open board, I would expect voices Pandora to rule supreme.

First off, Lilith is a great all-around master. She does everything pretty well depending on your crew, so really the main reason not to take her is variety.

Similarly Pandora can get a lot of different things done as required. I'd take Voices Pandora because with a Ca7 (up close) or Ca6 (at 12" range) you can guarantee an indefensible paralyze with an 11 or 12 against most models. Lilith can slow stuff down with trees or put them out of position with Tangled Shadows, but Paralyze does so much more for you, and Tangled Shadows is often a gamble against enemy models since Lilith's Ca is so low on it. Not to mention in a face off Pandora wins pretty much every time. I'd also put Pandora's overall survivability quite a bit higher than Lilith's due to always resisting with a 7 and Fading Memory.

I'm also a big fan of Hooded Rider as a beatstick in my neverborn crews. He's super fast. Incredibly hitty (Ml6 and damage tops out at 5/6/8). And more resilient past turn 3 (can't throw him out there too early though). His (0) action to push 6" and drag a friendly model along is pure win. He can punch the low-Df-high-Wp stuff or things with weak attacks themselves which might otherwise be a nuisance for Pandora.

• Like 2