Formation Wish List

fluger

So, the new Raven Guard formations have finally opened up the door to fluffy and competitive play for them and that has been on my wish list forever.  I don't have the scrilla to go out and buy up an army, but I'm going to be happy having them be on the table somewhere.  

So what are some other formations or armies we'd like to see better represented?  

I know I think Nids need a major overhaul in general, but one formation I'd like to see is one that gives Genestealers some more love.

Some thoughts I had for a formation for them:

Genestealer Infestation Force

2-4 Genestealer Units

Must have at least one broodlord

Special rules would be:  

Hypnotic Gaze:  A unit being charged by a unit from this formation cannot fire overwatch shots if the unit includes a brood lord.  Additionally, they are at -3 to their initiative on the first round of combat.

Adaptive Biology:  All units in this formation can re-roll failed rolls to hit in the first round of combat and have the preferred enemy USR.  

From the Shadows!:  All units in this formation can re-roll failed cover saves in the first turn of the game.  If they were left in reserve and used outflank, they can assault the turn they arrive from reserve.  

• Like 1

I think having some way to have a Company Commander be an IC and joined to a big blob would be super good as well.  Yarrick is the best HQ buy for IG (IMO) because you can hide him (and he's tough!).  The little CCSs just get shot to pieces too easily.  Hmmmm.

They should make a Valhallan formation that allows you to blob any infantry squad together. CCS and HWT become a lot harder to kill when they are combined with 60 other dudes.

Imperial Guard Decurion Style Detachment:

Main Formation

1 CCS

1-3 Infantry Platoons

0-3 Veteran Squads

Then other stuff to taste, like a Leman Russ formation, an artillery formation, Ogryns, you name it, but the basic structure is built off of this.

Anyway, main rules:

So, overarching decurion formation rule is...I'm not sure...  Maybe re-roll failed orders?  (also, I'd change vox casters to make order receiving/giving be over the whole board)

For the main formation though, everyone in there gets ob sec.  As well, I'd do two things

1.  CCSes can essentially Look out Sir to Infantry Squads or heavy weapon squads within 6" on a 2+.  Helps keep them alive to do orders

2.  An order issued to one Heavy Weapon Squad is issued to ALL heavy weapon squads in the platoon.  (doesn't help with survivability, but at least makes them more useful for putting orders on)

• Like 3

Here's my thought.  

Decurion Style 

Cornerstone Formation would be something like:

1 Cannoness

3 units of Battle Sisters

1 unit of Dominions

1 unit of Celestians

Big Rule for the whole formation is everyone gets Hatred and Can re-roll all Morale/Pinning/Fear.  They also get some kind of bonus to getting acts of faith to work?  

For the cornerstone formation every unit in the formation can do their AoF twice.  And every model with a bolter is relentless.  

Then have cool subsidiary ones that help out crappy units like Repentia or Penitent Engines.  

Like what?  Think up something!  USE YOUR...

The thread isn't to come up with them; it's to wishlist what you want. I want SOB formations. :) 

Here's my thought.  

Decurion Style 

Cornerstone Formation would be something like:

1 Cannoness

3 units of Battle Sisters

1 unit of Dominions

1 unit of Celestians

Big Rule for the whole formation is everyone gets Hatred and Can re-roll all Morale/Pinning/Fear.  They also get some kind of bonus to getting acts of faith to work?  

For the cornerstone formation every unit in the formation can do their AoF twice.  And every model with a bolter is relentless.  

Then have cool subsidiary ones that help out crappy units like Repentia or Penitent Engines.  

Not bad. I always thought the apoc formations were fine outside of apoc. None are too over the top.