New IG Rules

pretre

It does rely on keeping a squishy little T3/3+ guy alive, though.

I feel like, bar an update to the IG book which significantly changes things, most of these will be decent but not great. The Tank Ace stuff looks cool, but I have no idea how it works beyond "here's the special rule they get" so we'll see how it pans out. And in a world of Str D, Haywire, Grav, and Drop Melta I would be very, very nervous about running any kind of expensive vehicles.

• Like 1

It does rely on keeping a squishy little T3/3+ guy alive, though.

I feel like, bar an update to the IG book which significantly changes things, most of these will be decent but not great. The Tank Ace stuff looks cool, but I have no idea how it works beyond "here's the special rule they get" so we'll see how it pans out. And in a world of Str D, Haywire, Grav, and Drop Melta I would be very, very nervous about running any kind of expensive vehicles.

What I like about it, A LOT, is that you can bring in IG in a formation that isn't either allied detachment or CAD.  

You can eschew the decurion part and get say, just that artillery battery thing as a formation.  

• Like 1

What I like about it, A LOT, is that you can bring in IG in a formation that isn't either allied detachment or CAD.  

You can eschew the decurion part and get say, just that artillery battery thing as a formation.  

Yep, if I had more Vendettas,  I could get vendettas for my SOB with accurate drops.

• Like 1

Yeah taking the infantry as the core selection in the Cadian Battlegroup seems like a meh option.  Losing obsec on a horde army, gotta be some huge buffs or synergy to do that (like there is for say green tide) but it just isn't there in this thing, imo.  Move and shoot order is kinda neat, massed extra flashlight shots (that reroll 1s) is kinda neat.  An extra order and extended range (which is necessary when you have this many units) is kinda neat.  The buff to passing orders is pretty solid also. But worth breaking your back over with 175+ infantry models?  Just don't see it myself.

Taking a tank based Cadian Battle Group though, pretty neat but doesn't benefit much from the command benefits (the extra dice on the test is the only thing).  Still seems like a possibly competitive build. 

Doesn't seem to allow Pask though.

Not in that detachment, but he is allowed in the battle group command detachment of the composite detachment.  In fact that is the only compulsory of the Cadian Battle Group, so you could just take pask and his unit as a detachment and add him to any army you wanted.

• Like 1

Based on the bundle on GW's site (PCS, 2xInfantry Squad, 2xHWS, Sentinels, says it has everything needed for the Formation), I'm wondering if the requirement for the Emperor's Shield Platoon is supposed to be "5 Squads with the Infantry type" rather than specifically "5 Infantry Squads".

That'd be a lot easier to build.

• Like 1