Event Ideas

InfestedKerrigan

Ben started a thread in the 40k forum about his ideas for HoG the Club Challenge next year asking for feedback.  This got me thinking.  We all have various drivers or motivators that get us to various events.  Maybe Fluger will read an idea of someones posted in this thread and incorporate it into WarPorch: Puyallup.  Maybe a TO will see something.  Or maybe one of us will get motivated to orchestrate something on our individual local levels.  

• Like 2

For encouraging Spouses/SOs to travel to a multi-day event, having it tie in with a local performance, perhaps.  Not Local Theater, necessarily.  A Winery could be an option.  

Now, the biggest hardship I see in this is the increase in cost.  Not only do you have the normal event costs, you now also have 2 specialty tickets added to it, plus any increase in venue cost.  

Doesn't someone host a Cruise Event?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering about doing a narrative event at a WarPorch.  Nothing too complicated, but basically a 3 round event where I'd like to get people with specific factions playing.  Something like Imperial vs Orks or Eldar vs Necrons.  Something like that.  

We used to do events like this at Fire and Sword where there wasn't really any structure other than, at the end of the event, we declared one side the winner.  

• Like 3

I'm wondering about doing a narrative event at a WarPorch.  Nothing too complicated, but basically a 3 round event where I'd like to get people with specific factions playing.  Something like Imperial vs Orks or Eldar vs Necrons.  Something like that.  

We used to do events like this at Fire and Sword where there wasn't really any structure other than, at the end of the event, we declared one side the winner.  

As someone who has most of the factions available, I'm totally down with this :)

• Like 1