9th Age getting support from model-making companies

They just put up a blog post that explains it better than I can, but the short version is that 9th Age has plans and support for being an ongoing game with new units and supported models being released into the future. I know one of the big worries a lot of people had over the Warhammer remakes that were coming out was that they wouldn't be ongoing things, but with this announcement, 9th Age has overcome that hurdle. Everyone who hasn't yet needs to check out this game!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/147-existing-and-new-models-usable-with-the-9th-age/

• Like 2

Here's a quote from one of the guys on the background and art team that sums it up pretty well:

I think copyright-wise, a new fluff is the only possible option. I don't think the fluff needs to be as fully developed as the Warhammer world was though - many people will imagine their armies as being in the Warhammer world, regardless of GW's thoughts on the matter.

If fluff is to be developed, I think it should be there to emphasise the themes of the armies, and also to highlight how they come into conflict. Enclaves of Wild Elves in forests around the world, Dwarves running mercantile outposts, Goblin caravans, Orc Waaaghs, Brittonium crusades. The fluff should focus less on making a map, and more on giving us inspiration for the stories we want to make with our own armies.

I had a dream last night that I borrowed Jim's weird Dark Elf army (and I was sad because I didn't have my own army anymore) to play against someone, but we were at a movie theatre and I had pizza delivered, but then the dream shifted and I was delivering the pizza.  

Anyway, let's just say that 9th Age is on my mind.

• Like 1

I had a dream last night that I borrowed Jim's weird Dark Elf army (and I was sad because I didn't have my own army anymore) to play against someone, but we were at a movie theatre and I had pizza delivered, but then the dream shifted and I was delivering the pizza.  

Anyway, let's just say that 9th Age is on my mind.

Were you delivering pizza shirtless and with a bowtie?  Cause then our dreams just crossed...

• Like 2