Harlequins - Warzone Valedor -

Torg

Ok - I'm starting to work through my harlequins and sorting out what kinda army I want to have with them involved. I'm looking at "The Great Troupe" from the War Zone Valedor book and had thought before about using it. This was before the release of the harlequin codex.

I'm looking back and wondering if I can use this formation as a part of a normal 40k eldar list. My initial thoughts is that it would be tricky and possibly invalid with the new Eldar Craftworlds codex along with the Harlequin codex. Thoughts?

-d

• Like 1

I had seen a thread on another blog that seemed to say that it was a valid formation for harlequins.  I was thinking it was far fetched that it would be.  But since I had the book and all that - I figured I would toss the question out there. Thanks again

-d

Don't get me wrong, just among friends, what's the harm? And you can ask the guy running it if you happen to find yourself at a tournament or event or whatever. What's the worst they can say?

well I see no problem with that myself… friendly game.  But I am working on a core list for my re-visiting my harlequins.  I have the new book…along with the Eldar/Dark Eldar latest books.  I am working on putting together my options into a list that has the parts I want without being unbound.  Trying to take in all the possible formation combinations before I really get down to it.  I have an existing FW Corsair list - which will be getting new rules soon (I have the new book on order).  Since I will be looking at a minimal level of modeling for the Corsairs I was thinking I will get back to work on getting my Harlequin army put together as a viable Eldar force :)  

-d

• Like 1

In a casual game? Sure, do anything you want. I mean, the question "Is X legal in casual games?" is all but a meaningless one, because anything you and your opponent are kosher with is legal in casual games.

In tournaments, however, the Warzone material is typically not ruled as acceptable (although I don't doubt there are exceptions somewhere.) Virtually all of the books (excepting the new Kauyun/Mon'tka ones) are clearly written with Apocalypse in mind and contain only Apocalypse formations, which are not allowed in most 40K games.

yeah - beyond that question at this point since it was answered.  Even though I have seen the formation listed in other places - which I was wondering if I was missing something - Hence my OP question.  I never know with ITC an all that stuff lol.  So… we are clear - I have eliminated the Valedor formations from the possiblilties in my mind.  

-d