New GW Blood Bowl Models and Concept Art!

savion47

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow, I had it in my head that it was an impossibility that GW would ever touch BB again.... 

This news is shocking, but also very nerve-racking since they love changing games and rule sets.

Not all change is bad. 2nd ed BB games took much longer to play (3-6 hours), due to the fact that the game was played till someone scored a certain amount of TDs. 3rd ed. cleaned up the rules and streamlined the game, plus subsequent editions have improved on the changes made in 3rd ed. I'm curious to see what changes (if any) are made to the game, in the coming year. 

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't think they will aos it. Though wouldn't surprise me if they simplify the rules. As long as we can keep on murdering each other, all the better.

I wouldn't be surprised if inducements got a huge redo, and more focus on wizard schools. Or if they added equipment you could buy.

I'm interested, but not worried

Yeah, I don't expect them to totally rehash it. It would be totally wierd in the context of a very successful BB 2 game launch, which is by all accounts doing rather well, to dick about with the rules too much. I'd expect to see brets, some cost changes and maybe str3 human catchers.

So, the event at WHW is going to be run with a "modified version of LRB 5.0"

I'm not sure why they chose to do that. The only thing I can think of is if the CRP is not "owned" by GW so they can't modify it and still claim ownership. They also have pissed off the UK scene a bit with the fact it's within about a week of the NAF championship weekend.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

So you level a guy each game, no deaths, and star players start of hiring process. Seems fine for a tourney but I hope these aren't regular adjustments to leagues

Given the odd translation of very common tournament rules (like not using the term "Resurrection format"), I'm leaning towards believing the Corporate Drone running this event is using the CRP and doesn't realize it's not LRB 5. It would have been LRB 6 had the name not changed, and that's as easy a mistake to make as the other terminology gaffs.