Dropzone Commander

myleftnut

I got into it when it first came out, but eventually dropped it when the local scene didn't take off. But now I find myself craving a sci fi mass battle game and the options seem to boil down to Dropzone, Firestorm Planetfall, or NetEpic in 6mm. I really need to get a couple demo games in with each to decide.

I love Dropzone Commander, it's a really great game. Be happy to coordinate a demo game for you guys at some point. I've got ample terrain and a couple of armies.

I think there's a small group that plays at Portland Game Store, but I've not been over to check it out yet.

I have a large-ish PHR army and I really like them. The low mobility can be frustrating at times, but with practice is less of a handicap. They are well worth the trouble of magnetizing if you have the inclination.

I've also got some Scourge that I'd like to part with eventually so I have the excuse to buy into the Resistance.

• 1 month later...

Been awhile, and maybe I am necroing but. . .

Did someone say Dropzone?

I just finished up a big professional test which has consumed all of my freetime for the last 3 months and would love to start getting some games in again.

I played a few games with Shmitty and they were great, other than getting my face kicked in :), and would love to help build up the community here in Portland.

Anyways send me a PM, or something and lets see if we can get some games in.