pretre

650x650_9d08dc92c392f28b24d6d44f81b11cc8
NEWS
New Edition of Classic Games Workshop Title
Posted by Adrian Sullivan on March 15, 2016 @ 1:24 pm CT

icon_print.jpg

650x650_7bae07d2cf947fd1a8bc385d3da1e6d3
New cover
Games Workshop is releasing a new version of the 2000 classic Lost Patrol with updated components and rules. It arrives in stores on June 17.

The new game is a two-player game with one side taking on the roles of Space Marine Scouts hunted by the other player controlling a group of fearsome alien Genestealers. Played out on a dynamic, tile-based board, the squad of Marines must navigate a jungle that moves and changes as they travel the board. The game has updated rules from the original 2000 game and is just as fast-paced as the original, playing in about 30 minutes.

650x650_96bfc8e5e7df53392e93b54c1001154c
Classic cover
Game Workshop's announcement of the new game makes it clear there are a few small differences from the original, designed by Jake Thornton (DreadBall, Mars Attacks: The Miniatures Game, Deadzone). The new version includes 5 Space Marine Scouts, 12 Genestealers, 6 Infestations, 30 Map tiles, 3 Dice, and the rules. The figures are unpainted and assembly may be required. MSRP is $60.00.

Also recently released from Games Workshop is Deathwatch Overkill (see "New 'Warhammer 40K' Board Game").

Is it me, or is GW trying to pull an FFG and pop out lots of stand alone games?

Well,they are a competitor,,so yeah I would think thats the plan here.

Wonder if the models will be unique sculpts,if they are then for 60.00 this may be a great deal:)

Plus some of their games arent bad at all.I actually like the Deathwatch Overkill one and plan to look into the recnt 30k one an possibly even pick up Assasinorium at some point(its pretty cheap now,heh)

Is it me, or is GW trying to pull an FFG and pop out lots of stand alone games?

I really think that they realized that if they don't renew these products, the copywright expires soon. I wish it was a sign of them paying attention and responding to customers but nothing else they do indicates that.

+dammit, just realized that I've already made this statement.+

• Like 1

I noticed that they've got it up on the website, with a release date of June 11. I can't remember the last time they announced something so far in advance. I'm guessing it's because this is another thing they're planning on marketing in regular stores, and those don't hold with the zero advance knowledge bs. Hopefully they'll get some positive feedback from that and open up more on their regular product lines.

• Like 1