AoS FAQ is on the way!

Can someone link it? I'm to fat,old ,and lazy to search. :tongue:

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/photos/a.452227281640737.1073741828.452117934985005/456916931171772/?type=3&theater

You will probably need to be logged into facebook to see it though.

Ive read all of the questions asked as of an hour ago,certainly the main ones about summoning and pile-in moves have been covered,multiple times.

What's the big deal with RAW summoning? Pretty straight forward to me and I haven't even played yet lol the unit has a value, roll dice during hero phase, unit appears or it doesn't, done.

The main question on summoning is does the summoner need to have the warscroll in play in order to give the wizard the summoning spell to use.Then also theres a question of can dead and "removed from play" models be resummoned.

What do you mean by warscroll in play? As in deployed on the table? If it's in play it doesn't need to be summoned.

I would think the other one is a no brainer. The only summoning I've seen is whole units. If a model from a unit dies that's whatever. If the entire United is whipped then sure, summon a new one...ie seraphon. Unless resurrected a single model from a unit probably can't be summoned.

'Warscrolls in play' refers to the summoning ability. Does the summoner know that summon spell if that Warscrolls is not physically already on the table. Meaning you would have to have a unit of zombies on the table for example in order to know how to summon zombies. If the last zombie is removed from the table so is your ability to bring more zombies onto the table.

How is the dead models one common? Summoning always brings in a brand new unit, no matter what size. A unit of 10 temple guard, a unit of 1 bloodthirster. That one is fairly easy.

Banner abilities and certain unique spells can only bring back a single model to a unit or add to that unit as far as I know

How is the dead models one common? Summoning always brings in a brand new unit, no matter what size. A unit of 10 temple guard, a unit of 1 bloodthirster. That one is fairly easy.

Banner abilities and certain unique spells can only bring back a single model to a unit or add to that unit as far as I know

Can you point out in the rules were it says I can summon models that have been removed from play?

Banner abilities say specifically that dead models can be returned to the unit...that one is pretty clear and not questioned.

That's what I'm saying. There is no rule for it. Very clear. Every summon able unit has the spell on their scroll saying 'roll x, put up 5 or 10 on the table' or whatever.

I'm more curious how that isn't clear and how people are coming up a strange notion that you can replenish units. Unless specifically stated then it should be obvious

That's what I'm saying. There is no rule for it. Very clear. Every summon able unit has the spell on their scroll saying 'roll x, put up 5 or 10 on the table' or whatever.

I'm more curious how that isn't clear and how people are coming up a strange notion that you can replenish units. Unless specifically stated then it should be obvious

Back to the original question(that has been a question by many players since the game has been released)if I have a chaos wizard in play can I summon units that have the "Chaos wizards know the summon <name of unit> spell" without having the summoned units warscroll actually in play and on the board?.

Another way of puting it---I start the game with only Nagash on the board and intend to summon my entire army on turn one(easy to do with him) can I do it?..do I get access to all those summon abilities on those warscrolls that arent even "in play"?

The argument being if allowed would be,then why cant I use other warscroll abilities of warscrolls that arent in play?

Also,the "Can I resummon dead models" part is not clear at all and needs clarification.

If dead models can be resummoned,thats fine and all.But it does say that when a model has its wound characteristic exceeded it is then "removed from play".Does that mean cant be resummoned?

The question is whether or not Models can be re-used via Summoning Spells/Abilities, or if they're no longer fair game to be brought in once they've been on the board and then killed. Personally, I don't see any reason why not.

Indeed,there really isint anything in the base rules that would imply that one cant resummon dead models.So most just play it as you can do this.

Now if you start looking at the hundreds of warscroll and battleplan special rules,then you find things like this from the Stormcast Wardens of the Realmgate Battalion in the "Summon reinforcements" special rule as follows;

"Roll a dice in your hero phase if the battalions Lord-Castellant is with 6" of the Baleful Realmgate.If the result is 4 or higher,you can place a Stormcast Eternal unit(either a new unit from your collection or one that was slain earlier in the battle) within 6" of the realmgate and more than 3" from the enemy."

Why does this special rule( and the many others that are like it) have to state that the models can be either from those that have been slain and those that are from a players collection?.If it doesnt matter were summoned models come from then they shouldnt have to make this statement...

Also Undead banner abilities specify bringing back dead models,,so actually that in itself seperates the "Dead" models from those in your "Collection".

This is why this particular question is getting asked many times on the FB post..this and many more regarding summoning,heh.

That all makes sense. But this is what I'm confused about:

Indeed,there really isint anything in the base rules that would imply that one cant resummon dead models.So most just play it as you can do this.

You just answered your own question. There is no rule on it cuz once again actual summoning is on the warscroll and always has a specific number of models. Why are people assuming that it's ok to just summon one guy back to a unit of 10? That's called resurrection. Now what would actually happen rules wise is you roll a 6 to summon whatever and you get a new unit of 10 per the summon spell on the warscroll, not a single model. How is that confusing?

That all makes sense. But this is what I'm confused about:

You just answered your own question. There is no rule on it cuz once again actual summoning is on the warscroll and always has a specific number of models. Why are people assuming that it's ok to just summon one guy back to a unit of 10? That's called resurrection. Now what would actually happen rules wise is you roll a 6 to summon whatever and you get a new unit of 10 per the summon spell on the warscroll, not a single model. How is that confusing?

Summoning and resurrection are two different abilities.No one is disputing that.The reason it gets brought up in the same conversation is because both involve bringing models into the game.In the case of resurrection,its models that have been slain.For summoning its not specified were those models can come from so most are just assuming they can come from anywere.If that is what GW intends then thats fine and all,but it leads to the "endless regrowing army" effect and the game goes south real fast.

Were is if dead models can only be brought back through resurrection then in order to have an "endless regrowing army" a player needs to bring a fton of models with him..in which case that guy gets one game for all the money he spent on said models.

The latter ruling would be much better for the game I think.