ITC, Cheesemongers, and you!

It's a gamer myth about competitive players that we hate to paint. It can be a natural, zesty enterprise. But unfortunately there are some people - it is called perfectionism for some, obsession in others - who engage in it compulsively and without joy. Yes, Mr. Hanaur, these unfortunate souls cannot love the hobby in the true sense of the word.

• Like 2

Okay.

I AM coming to this way late and I saw emotions ran hot in this debate.

I want to address the A-Club fanaticism with using GW Rules as canonical scripture. I would like to point you to a Paragraph in the book in the beginning under General Principles, you can think of it as the Pre-Amble to the Constitution:

"The Most Important Rule"

In a game of the size and complexity of Warhammer 40,000, there are bound to be occasions where a situation is not covered by the rules, or you can't seem to find the right page. Even if you know the rule, sometimes it is just a really close call, and players don't agree on the precise outcome.

Nobody wants to waste valuable gaming time arguing, so be prepared to interpret a rule or come up with a suitable solution for yourself (in a manner befitting the better class of Imperial Citizen, of course)

If you find that you and your opponent cannot agree on the application of a rule, roll a dice to see whose interpretation will apply for the remainder of the game - on a result of 1-3 player A gets to decide, on a 4-6 player B gets to decides. Then you can get on with the fighting! Once the game is over, you can happily continue your discussion as to the finer points of the rule. 
  • Like 1

The main rulebook says it.  why would we need an FAQ?  You know what they should do is have an FAQ that says this:

Q:  Can you use more than one power of the same name from a unit

A:  read your rulebook.

Q:  Can a Dreadnought fire more than two weapons per turn:

A:  read your rulebook.

and so on.

Lol.  Fer serious.  That would crack me up.

If they are genuinely "Frequently Asked", then obviously they're not in the right place in the Rule Book or written clearly enough in the Rule Book. The point of a FAQ in those cases is to keep people from wasting time flipping through trying to find the damn reference or exact wording in the middle of a timed Game.

• Like 1

If they are genuinely "Frequently Asked", then obviously they're not in the right place in the Rule Book or written clearly enough in the Rule Book. The point of a FAQ in those cases is to keep people from wasting time flipping through trying to find the damn reference or exact wording in the middle of a timed Game.

Well, if they don't want to spend the time, they can just roll off, right?

• Like 1

yup.  Or they could just read the rule book.