GW Organized Play - Tank Shock

pretre

BREAKING: 40K Organized Play – Tank Shock Full Rules Spotted! button-EM-default.jpg

Baneblade-Escalation-horz-1.jpg

It was only a matter of time. The detailed rules for the TANK SHOCK – The Renegade Foundries Spring event is here!

Pics via Captain Citadel 3-24-2016

tank_shock_logo.jpg

Here we see the full spring campaign logo: TANK SHOCK: The Renegade Foundries

what_is_Tank_Shock.jpg

Here we see the basics, it’s a Spring event, designed to drive recurring sales and repeat business. There is a rundown of the six activities and the prize pack included.

running_tank_shock.jpg

Here we see the quick and dirty rundown of each of the six activities.  This starts out on the hobby side, moves to small battles, then ramps up the scale and complexity of the games.  Pretty cool.

Each kit contains:
  • 4 Missions of various engagement levels
  • 1 Painting Competition
  • 1 In-Store Building Activity
  • 3 sets of participation certificates for the hobby-centric  Engines of war build, and the Armored Escalation Painting events (one set for veterans and Youngbloods alike)
  • Badges (the pins pictured below)
  • Tank Shock Tokens (the punch token cards for vehicle damage, etc.)

• Like 1

So the badges are for the other stuff? LOL Doesn't seem to be anything decent in the prizes support to warrant any interest in it for me. I also hate all of the sales spiel in this document indicating all of the ways to coerce customers into buying stuff just so they can out do each other. We all know it happens but to be so obvious about it to retailers isn't nice for us customers to see. 

So the badges are for the other stuff? LOL Doesn't seem to be anything decent in the prizes support to warrant any interest in it for me. I also hate all of the sales spiel in this document indicating all of the ways to coerce customers into buying stuff just so they can out do each other. We all know it happens but to be so obvious about it to retailers isn't nice for us customers to see. 

Store events are designed to get people in to buy stuff. Heck, at your event you threw the buy-in was store credit. That's explicitly to drive sales. Also, I don't usually decide on an event based on prize support, in almost every case (with the exception of Knightfall back in the day), prize support is less than, or roughly the same as, what you pay in. Considering these don't have a listed fee to participate, I imagine they are exactly the same.

Store events are designed to get people in to buy stuff. Heck, at your event you threw the buy-in was store credit. That's explicitly to drive sales. Also, I don't usually decide on an event based on prize support, in almost every case (with the exception of Knightfall back in the day), prize support is less than, or roughly the same as, what you pay in. Considering these don't have a listed fee to participate, I imagine they are exactly the same.

All of the buy in for my event went to charity. The store didn't take any of the buy in. :)

All of the buy in for my event went to charity. The store didn't take any of the buy in. :)

Oh yeah, my bad. Still, pretty much every event (except charity ones) encourages either payment, store credit or merch purchase to play. GW supporting local retailers by driving sales into their stores is a good thing for FLGSs.

Don't get me wrong any type of organized event is good to get people into the hobby i just wished GW put more money into it to start with to entice folks to get involved. I can honestly say up at Mythic this will entice a very minimal amount of people to get involved. If they were to give away a $25 GW voucher or something small it would help greatly. I am wondering if FLGS's will add to the prize pool though and throw something in to try and get people playing? 

Don't get me wrong any type of organized event is good to get people into the hobby i just wished GW put more money into it to start with to entice folks to get involved. I can honestly say up at Mythic this will entice a very minimal amount of people to get involved. If they were to give away a $25 GW voucher or something small it would help greatly. I am wondering if FLGS's will add to the prize pool though and throw something in to try and get people playing? 

I imagine for the tournaments most stores will have a buy-in with prize support.

GW doesnt get involved in organized play, people bitch.  They get involved and we throw a fit because its not exactly what we want.  

Le sigh.

This is the toe in the water.  Let's see where it takes us.  Could be fun.  Could be like Tank Aces, which is a great way to get new people into the Flames of War hobby.  Awesome game, and you can play it with just a few tanks, and it teaches you a lot of the rules easily; and then you can expand from there.  i like the concept.

• Like 5