Nurgle List Feeback

AgentP

I'm looking for some help making a viable mono-Nurgle list.  I'd prefer the main detachment be daemons, but am willing to branch out into CSM, or renegade (I know nothing about them) allies.  I just have a couple requirements.  (1) I want to include a great unclean one (2) I want to include a chaos knight (The Glotkin).  Here's my first stab:

+++ Nurgle (1850pts) +++

++ Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Chaos CD Daemonic Incursion) (1005pts) ++

+ Core (705pts) +

Tallyband (705pts)
····Distracting Swarm of Flies, Enfeebling Nausea, Harbinger of Nurgle
····Herald of Nurgle (150pts) [D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (20pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Greater Locus of Fecundity (25pts), Psyker Level 2 (50pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Greater Locus of Fecundity, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Independent Character, Plague Discipline, Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful
····Nurglings (45pts) [Daemon of Nurgle, 3x Nurglings (45pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Infiltrate, Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful, Swarms
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Infiltrate, Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful, Swarms
····Plaguebearers of Nurgle (125pts) [Daemon of Nurgle, 10x Plaguebearers (90pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful
········Icon of Chaos (20pts) [Plague Banner (10pts)]
············Icon of Chaos
········Upgrade one Plaguebearer to Plagueridden (15pts) [D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts)]
····Plaguebearers of Nurgle (125pts) [Daemon of Nurgle, 10x Plaguebearers (90pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful
········Upgrade one Plaguebearer to Plagueridden (15pts) [D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts)]
····Profiles:
········Herald of Nurgle: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:5|BS:5|S:5|T:5|W:2|I:4|A:3|Ld:8|Save:-
········Nurglings: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:4|I:3|A:4|Ld:7|Save:
········Plaguebearers of Nurgle: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:3|BS:3|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:2|A:1|Ld:7|Save:-
········Plagueridden: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:3|BS:3|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:2|A:2|Ld:7|Save:-
········Plague Banner: Description:Once per game, for one Fight sub-phase, the unit's melee weapons have Poisoned (2+).
········Plaguesword: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:-|Type:Melee, Poisoned (4+), Touch of Rust

+ Command (265pts) +

Daemon Lord (265pts)
····Great Unclean One (265pts) [2x D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (40pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Psyker Level 2 (25pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Plague Discipline, Poisoned (4+), Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful
····Profiles:
········Great Unclean One: Unit Type:Monstrous Creature (Character)|WS:6|BS:3|S:6|T:7|W:6|I:4|A:5|Ld:9|Save:-

+ Auxiliary (35pts) +

Daemon Flock (35pts)
····Chaos Furies (35pts) [5x Furies (30pts)]
········Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike
····Profiles:
········Furies of Chaos: Unit Type:Jump Infantry|WS:3|BS:0|S:4|T:3|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:2|Save:-

++ Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (845pts) ++

+ HQ (300pts) +

Daemon Prince (300pts)
····Daemon Prince of Nurgle (300pts) [2x D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (40pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight (40pts), Mastery 2 (50pts)]
····Profiles:
········Daemon Prince (Daemonic Flight): Unit Type:Flying Monstrous Creature (Character)|WS:9|BS:5|S:6|T:5|W:4|I:8|A:5|Ld:9|Save:-
········Daemonic Flight: Description:Monstrous Creatures with this Gift are Flying Monstrous Creatures.  Other models with this Gift add Jump to their Unit Type.

+ Troops (90pts) +

Nurglings (45pts) [Daemon of Nurgle, 3x Nurglings (45pts)]
····Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Infiltrate, Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful, Swarms
····Profiles:

Nurglings (45pts) [Daemon of Nurgle, 3x Nurglings (45pts)]
····Daemon, Daemonic Instability, Deep Strike, Fear, Hatred (Daemon of Tzeencth), Infiltrate, Shrouded, Slow & Purposeful, Swarms
····Profiles:

+ Lord of War (455pts) +

[FW] Chaos Knight Paladin (455pts) [Dirge Caster (5pts), Foe-reaper Chainsword, 2x Heavy Stubbers, Ion Shield, Nurgle (75pts), Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon]
····Daemon Knight of Nurgle, Dirge Caster, Foe-reaper
····Profiles:
········Chaos Knight Paladin: WS:4|BS:4|S:10|Front:13|Side:12|Rear:12|I:4|A:3|HP:6|Type:Vehicle (Super-heavy Walker)
········Ion Shield: Description:At the start of the opponents shooting phase, select the facing of the Ion Shield. The Ion Shield confers a 4+ Invunerable save against that facing until the start of your opponents next shooting phase.
········Foe-reaper Chainsword: Range:-|Strength:D|AP:2|Type:Melee, Foe Reaper
········Heavy Stubber: Range:36"|Strength:4|AP:6|Type:Heavy 3
········Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon: Range:72"|Strength:8|AP:3|Type:Ordnance 2, Large Blast (5")

Created with BattleScribe
  • Like 2

Greetings Fellow Servant of Grandfather Nurgle,

So glad to see another mono-Nurgle player out there. So, here's my feedback on the list. When it comes to the Herald for the Tallyband I would recommend not beefing him up so much. Even with a greater reward, lesser reward, and mastery lvl 2 the herald won't have as big of an impact as you would want him to have with all of those upgrades. What I would recommend is stripping the greater reward and one mastery lvl from him. That way you can still get an etherblade which is good for challenges or threatening to take out marine equivalents (MEQs) in close combat and have some psychic abilities like Stream of Corruption and potentially summoning. I usually run my heralds with one lesser reward (default to etherblade usually), greater locus of fecundity (like you have done), and mastery lvl 1. That way you can still summon in guys, project a 12" FNP bubble, and still be able to do well in CC but not have so many points tied up in a 2 wound, poor save model. On the Great Unclean One, I always include one in my Nurgle army as well since it's such a good greater daemon. I would swap the points you are giving to your Herald to that GUO beefing him up to Master lvl 3, dropping the lesser reward on the GUO with the finished loadout being Mastery lvl 3 and 2 Greater Rewards. Another small tweak is to keep a unit of Plaguebearers from the Tallyband in reserve with an instrument. Since you typically want to deep strike your GUO, that way on Turn 2 you have two chances of bringing your GUO in that turn rather than rolling a 1 or 2 and having a very expensive model out of the game for another turn. The instrument is a great way to help ensure that your GUO comes in on Turn 2 like you want him to do. I think your Daemon Prince is very scary and with a 2+ jinx save he will be very hard to kill w/o ignores cover weapons. Have him fly around the map with psychic shriek and watch your opponents best units scream in agony as they die. Also, I do like the multitude of Nurglings and the cheap auxiliary you have chosen in the Chaos Flock. I am seriously considering using that auxiliary since it's cheap points and money wise to implement. With a whopping 18 nurgling bases that is a whole lot of wounds (72 to be exact) that your opponent will have to deal with while also allocating serious firepower to your Knight, GUO, and Daemon Prince. Give your opponent a target rich environment and often you will reach him/her and be able to tie up their units with those pesky, ankle-biting Nurglings. Other than that, a solid looking list with a lot of bodies with the potential to bring in more along with some punchy units like your GUO, Knight, and Daemon Prince. Have fun with the list and let us know how it comes out.    

Glottkin Imperial Knight? What handsome genius did this idea come from?!? ;)

Glottkin into Knight is a fun conversion. The big issue is height. I went with adding a small church on the back of mine. The only issue with that is his gun arm ends up real close to the ground. Makes getting LOS on enemies a little tougher because you're not aiming over terain. I'm good with that because: 1) it looks cool. 2) all the modeling advantages are for my opponents. You can see him as easily or easier but he can't target as effectively.

• Like 1

Greetings Fellow Servant of Grandfather Nurgle,

So glad to see another mono-Nurgle player out there. So, here's my feedback on the list. When it comes to the Herald for the Tallyband I would recommend not beefing him up so much. Even with a greater reward, lesser reward, and mastery lvl 2 the herald won't have as big of an impact as you would want him to have with all of those upgrades. What I would recommend is stripping the greater reward and one mastery lvl from him. That way you can still get an etherblade which is good for challenges or threatening to take out marine equivalents (MEQs) in close combat and have some psychic abilities like Stream of Corruption and potentially summoning. I usually run my heralds with one lesser reward (default to etherblade usually), greater locus of fecundity (like you have done), and mastery lvl 1. That way you can still summon in guys, project a 12" FNP bubble, and still be able to do well in CC but not have so many points tied up in a 2 wound, poor save model. On the Great Unclean One, I always include one in my Nurgle army as well since it's such a good greater daemon. I would swap the points you are giving to your Herald to that GUO beefing him up to Master lvl 3, dropping the lesser reward on the GUO with the finished loadout being Mastery lvl 3 and 2 Greater Rewards. Another small tweak is to keep a unit of Plaguebearers from the Tallyband in reserve with an instrument. Since you typically want to deep strike your GUO, that way on Turn 2 you have two chances of bringing your GUO in that turn rather than rolling a 1 or 2 and having a very expensive model out of the game for another turn. The instrument is a great way to help ensure that your GUO comes in on Turn 2 like you want him to do. I think your Daemon Prince is very scary and with a 2+ jinx save he will be very hard to kill w/o ignores cover weapons. Have him fly around the map with psychic shriek and watch your opponents best units scream in agony as they die. Also, I do like the multitude of Nurglings and the cheap auxiliary you have chosen in the Chaos Flock. I am seriously considering using that auxiliary since it's cheap points and money wise to implement. With a whopping 18 nurgling bases that is a whole lot of wounds (72 to be exact) that your opponent will have to deal with while also allocating serious firepower to your Knight, GUO, and Daemon Prince. Give your opponent a target rich environment and often you will reach him/her and be able to tie up their units with those pesky, ankle-biting Nurglings. Other than that, a solid looking list with a lot of bodies with the potential to bring in more along with some punchy units like your GUO, Knight, and Daemon Prince. Have fun with the list and let us know how it comes out.    

Thank you SOOOOO much for all this fantastic info and advice

++ Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Chaos CD Daemonic Incursion) (1005pts) ++

+ Core (705pts) +

Tallyband (705pts)
····Herald of Nurgle (150pts) [D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (20pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Greater Locus of Fecundity (25pts), Psyker Level 2 (50pts)]

····Nurglings (45pts)
····Nurglings (45pts)
····Nurglings (45pts)
····Nurglings (45pts)

+ Command (265pts) +

Daemon Lord (265pts)
····Great Unclean One (265pts) [2x D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (40pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Psyker Level 2 (25pts)]

+ Auxiliary (35pts) +

Daemon Flock (35pts)
····Chaos Furies (35pts) [5x Furies (30pts)]

++ Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (845pts) ++

+ HQ (300pts) +

Daemon Prince (300pts)
····Daemon Prince of Nurgle (300pts) [2x D6 Greater Daemonic Reward (40pts), D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward (10pts), Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight (40pts), Mastery 2 (50pts)]

+ Troops (90pts) +

Nurglings (45pts)
Nurglings (45pts)

+ Lord of War (455pts) +

[FW] Chaos Knight Paladin (455pts) [Dirge Caster (5pts), Nurgle (75pts), Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon]
····Daemon Knight of Nurgle, Dirge Caster, Foe-reaper

Let's do some simplification in this Thread, too.

• Like 3

Glottkin Imperial Knight? What handsome genius did this idea come from?!? ;)

Glottkin into Knight is a fun conversion. The big issue is height. I went with adding a small church on the back of mine. The only issue with that is his gun arm ends up real close to the ground. Makes getting LOS on enemies a little tougher because you're not aiming over terain. I'm good with that because: 1) it looks cool. 2) all the modeling advantages are for my opponents. You can see him as easily or easier but he can't target as effectively.

No picture? Didn't happen. Prove it. (please? I really want to see it!)

The Glotkin, and the Maggoth Lord, are now assembled.  Fantastic models.  Fit together perfectly, and just ooze (pun intended) character.  The Maggoth Lord is an excellent GUO - fits nicely on a 60mm round, and if you use the nurgle daemon rider, it looks spot on, with no modifications required.  The Glotkin is also an excellent GUO option, though considerably bigger than the Maggoth Lord.  It can, however, just squeeze onto a 60mm round.  For reference, it looks very comparable in bulk to the Forgeworld GUO.  

• Like 1

I'm actually thinking of breaking my Maggoth-based GUO conversion off the 60mm Base it's currently on, and putting it on an oval, like the new Thirster is on. I figure that's probably gonna be the new standard for Greater Daemons, and it's better to do it now, before I've got more than just the base coat on.

So I'm building this Nurgle army to swap between AoS and 40k.  (As an aside, AoS is a fun game, if you're a 40k player and haven't tried it).  Anyway, wondering what Putrid Blightkings could be used as for 40k?  They're on terminator sized bases, but have no ranged weapons.  They do, however, have an insane amount of Nurgle character to them, and are a super fun kit to build.  Any ideas?

So I'm building this Nurgle army to swap between AoS and 40k. (As an aside, AoS is a fun game, if you're a 40k player and haven't tried it). Anyway, wondering what Putrid Blightkings could be used as for 40k? They're on terminator sized bases, but have no ranged weapons. They do, however, have an insane amount of Nurgle character to them, and are a super fun kit to build. Any ideas?

I think Chaos Spawn would be a good use for them, but you could also use them as Nurgle Mutilators (especially since the actual Mutilator models are awful).