40k OFCC potential list

splinx

Hi guys

As some of you may know I'm working on some Tau at the moment and wondered what peoples views on this list is? I didn't want it to be a douche list so tried to have some fun elements in it and some non competitive stuff in there for some shenanigans. 

I would love some feedback and for folks to let me know if they would enjoy playing against it. 

Cheers

Sam

+++ Tau OFCC (2000pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (330pts) ++

+ Formation (330pts) +

Optimized Stealth Cadre (330pts)
····XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (95pts) [stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon (30pts), Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon (30pts)]
········Stealth Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster (35pts) [Fusion Blaster (5pts)]
····XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (95pts) [stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon (30pts), Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon (30pts)]
····XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (140pts)
········Ghostkeel Shas'vre (140pts) [Cyclic Ion Raker, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster (10pts)]
····Profiles:
········Ghostkeel Shas'vre: Unit Type:Jet Pack Monsterous Creature|WS:2|BS:3|S:6|T:5|W:4|I:2|A:3|Ld:9|Save:3+
········MV5 Stealth Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:5|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········Stealth Shas'ui: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry|WS:2|BS:3|S:4|T:3|W:1|I:2|A:2|Ld:8|Save:3+
········Blacksun Filter: Description:Night Vision and is immune to the effects of Blind.
········Ghostkeel Electrowarfare Suite: Description:The cover save bonus for having the Stealth and/or Shrouded special rules is doubled for this model against attacks made at a range of greater than 12" (to a maximum of a 2+ cover save).
········Holophoton Countermeasures: Description:Once per battle, in the enemy Shooting phase, a model equipped with Holophoton Countermeasures can disrupt the targeting systems used by one enemy unit that is targeting it or the unit it belongs to. Declare that the unit will use the Holophoton Countermeasures after the enemy unit has chosen it as a target, but before any To Hit rolls are made. The enemy unit can only make Snap Shots in that shooting phase.
········Multi-tracker: Description:Fire an extra weapon in each Shooting phase.
········Stealth Field Generator: Description:Confers Stealth and Shrouded
········Burst Cannon: Range:18"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Assault 4
········Cyclic Ion Raker (overchrg): Range:24"|Strength:8|AP:4|Type:Heavy 1, Large Blast, Gets Hot
········Cyclic Ion Raker (std): Range:24"|Strength:7|AP:4|Type:Assault 6
········Fusion Blaster: Range:18"|Strength:8|AP:1|Type:Assault 1, Melta

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1670pts) ++

+ HQ (217pts) +

Commander (217pts) [MV4 Shield Drone (12pts)]
····XV8 Commander Crisis Suit (120pts) [Command and Control Node (15pts), Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite (20pts), Puretide Engram Neurochip (15pts), Shield Generator (25pts), Stimulant Injector (15pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts), XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit (25pts)]
····Profiles:
········Commander  (XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit, Shield Generator): Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:5|S:5|T:5|W:4|I:3|A:4|Ld:10|Save:2+/4++
········MV4 Shield Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+/4++
········Blacksun Filter: Description:Night Vision and is immune to the effects of Blind.
········Command and Control Node: Description:If a model with this wargear does not shoot in the Shooting phase, all shooting attacks made by other models in his unit re-roll failed To Hit rolls until the end of the phase. This cannot be used when firing Overwatch. The C&C Node can be used at the same time as a Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite.
········Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite: Description:If this model does not shoot in the Shooting phase, all shooting attacks made by other models in his unit gain the Ignores Cover special rule until the end of the current phase. This cannot be used when firing Overwatch, but can be used at the same time as a Command and Control Node.
········Puretide Engram Neurochip: Description:At the start of this model's Movement phase, choose a special rule: Counter-attack, Furious Charge, Monster Hunter, Stubborn or Tank Hunters. This model has that rule until the start of his next Movement phase.
········Shield Generator: Description:4+ invulnerable save.
········Stimulant Injector: Description:Feel No Pain.
········Vectored Retro-thrusters: Description:Fleet and Hit & Run.
········XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit: Description:+1 Toughness and 2+ Armour Save.

+ Elites (342pts) +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (342pts)
····Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [Counterfire Defence System (5pts), 2x Fusion Blaster (30pts)]
····Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [Counterfire Defence System (5pts), 2x Fusion Blaster (30pts)]
····Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [Counterfire Defence System (5pts), 2x Plasma Rifle (30pts)]
····Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [Counterfire Defence System (5pts), 2x Plasma Rifle (30pts)]
····Profiles:
········Crisis Shas'ui: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry|WS:2|BS:3|S:5|T:4|W:2|I:2|A:2|Ld:8|Save:3+
········Counterfire Defence System: Description:Overwatch at BS2.
········Fusion Blaster: Range:18"|Strength:8|AP:1|Type:Assault 1, Melta
········Plasma Rifle: Range:24"|Strength:6|AP:2|Type:Rapid Fire

+ Troops (552pts) +

Breacher Team (200pts) [EMP Grenades (16pts), Fire Warrior Shas'ui with Pulse Blaster (19pts), 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster (63pts), MV36 Guardian Drone (12pts)]
····DS8 Tactical Support Turret (10pts) [Missile Pod]
····TY7 Devilfish (80pts) [2x MV1 Gun Drone]
····Profiles:
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret: Unit Type:Support Turret|WS:|BS:3|S:|T:|W:|I:|A:|Ld:|Save:
········Fire Warrior: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:2|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:2|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:2|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:2|A:2|Ld:8|Save:4+
········MV1 Gun Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········MV36 Guardian Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········TY7 Devilfish: BS:3|Front:12|Side:11|Rear:10|HP:3|Type:Tank, Skimmer, Transport
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret: Description:Tactical Support Turrets are not set up when their unit deploys or arrives from Reserve. Instead, if the unit remains stationary in the Movement phase, set up the turret on an area of open ground, within 2" of a model from this unit, and more than 2" away from any enemy models. Once set up, the turret cannot move.  A Tactical Support Turret has a BS of 3. It can fire in the Shooting phase or as part of an Overwatch attack when the rest of the models in its unit shoot, and must target the same enemy as the rest of its unit. It can fire on the turn it is set up.  Enemy models cannot attack or affect a Tactical Support Turret in any way, but it is immediately removed as a casualty if there are no other models from its unit within 2" of it, or if an enemy model approaches within 2" of it. Should a units Tactical Support Turret ever be removed as a casualty, it can be returned to play in a future Movement phase as described above.
········EMP Grenades: Description:Haywire grenades, Wh40k rulebook pg62
········Field Amplifier Relay: Description:5+ invul save in a unit that includes a Guardian Drone
········Guardian Field: Description:A Guardian Field confers a 5+ invulnerable save to the Guardian Drone and a 6+ invulnerable save to all other models in its unit. A Guardian Field confers a 5+ invulnerable save to other models in the Drone's unit that have a field amplifier relay.
········Photon Grenades: Description:Defensive grenades, Wh40k rulebook pg62
········Missile Pod: Range:36"|Strength:7|AP:4|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Long): Range:10"-15"|Strength:4|AP:-|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Medium): Range:5"-10"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Short): Range:up to 5"|Strength:6|AP:3|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Carbine: Range:18"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Assault 2, Pinning

Breacher Team (188pts) [EMP Grenades (16pts), Fire Warrior Shas'ui with Pulse Blaster (19pts), 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster (63pts)]
····Profiles:
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret: Unit Type:Support Turret|WS:|BS:3|S:|T:|W:|I:|A:|Ld:|Save:
········Fire Warrior: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:2|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:2|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:2|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:2|A:2|Ld:8|Save:4+
········MV1 Gun Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········TY7 Devilfish: BS:3|Front:12|Side:11|Rear:10|HP:3|Type:Tank, Skimmer, Transport
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret: Description:Tactical Support Turrets are not set up when their unit deploys or arrives from Reserve. Instead, if the unit remains stationary in the Movement phase, set up the turret on an area of open ground, within 2" of a model from this unit, and more than 2" away from any enemy models. Once set up, the turret cannot move.  A Tactical Support Turret has a BS of 3. It can fire in the Shooting phase or as part of an Overwatch attack when the rest of the models in its unit shoot, and must target the same enemy as the rest of its unit. It can fire on the turn it is set up.  Enemy models cannot attack or affect a Tactical Support Turret in any way, but it is immediately removed as a casualty if there are no other models from its unit within 2" of it, or if an enemy model approaches within 2" of it. Should a units Tactical Support Turret ever be removed as a casualty, it can be returned to play in a future Movement phase as described above.
········EMP Grenades: Description:Haywire grenades, Wh40k rulebook pg62
········Field Amplifier Relay: Description:5+ invul save in a unit that includes a Guardian Drone
········Missile Pod: Range:36"|Strength:7|AP:4|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Long): Range:10"-15"|Strength:4|AP:-|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Medium): Range:5"-10"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Assault 2
········Pulse Blaster (Short): Range:up to 5"|Strength:6|AP:3|Type:Assault 2

Strike Team (82pts) [7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle (63pts)]
····Fire Warrior Shas'ui (19pts) [Pulse Rifle]
····Profiles:
········Pulse Rifle: Range:30"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Rapid Fire

····Profiles:
········Pulse Rifle: Range:30"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Rapid Fire

+ Fast Attack (84pts) +

Drones (84pts) [6x MV7 Marker Drone (84pts)]
····Profiles:
········MV7 Marker Drone: Unit Type:Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)|WS:2|BS:2|S:3|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|Ld:7|Save:4+
········Markerlight: Range:36"|Strength:-|AP:-|Type:Heavy 1, Target Acquired

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (210pts)
····Broadside (70pts) [Early Warning Override (5pts), Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
····Broadside (70pts) [Early Warning Override (5pts), Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
····Profiles:
········Broadside: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:2|BS:3|S:5|T:4|W:2|I:2|A:2|Ld:8|Save:2+
········Early Warning Override: Description:All weapons on a model with an EWO have the Interceptor special rule.
········High-yield Missile Pod: Range:36"|Strength:7|AP:4|Type:Heavy 4
········Smart Missile System: Range:30"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Heavy 4, Homing, Ignores Cover

+ Fortification (265pts) +

Tidewall Rampart (265pts) [Tidewall Gunrig (85pts), 2x Tidewall Shieldline (120pts)]
····Tidewall Droneport (60pts) [4x MV1 Gun Drone]
····Profiles:
········Tidewall Droneport: Armour Value:|Transport Capacity:|Access Points:|Fire Points:|Hull Points:|Building Type:Battlefield Debris (defence line)
········Tidewall Gunrig: Armour Value:|Transport Capacity:|Access Points:|Fire Points:|Hull Points:|Building Type:Battlefield Debris (defence line and gun emplacement)
········Tidewall Shieldline: Armour Value:|Transport Capacity:|Access Points:|Fire Points:|Hull Points:|Building Type:Battlefield Debris (defense line)
········Railgun (solid): Range:72"|Strength:10|AP:1|Type:Heavy 1
········Railgun (submunition): Range:72"|Strength:6|AP:4|Type:Heavy 1, Large Blast

• Like 1

The list looks good to me! Definitely not overpowered but not too weak either. It should result in some good, balanced, and (most importantly) fun games!

My only suggestion would be to take something with Skyfire (the Broadsides?), as I don't see anything in your list. Maybe I've missed it?

Yeah i was thinking of swapping out the interceptor EWO with the sky fire and is a possibility if needed. Is there a lot of Flyers normally at OFCC? 

+++ Tau OFCC (2000pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (330pts) ++

+ Formation (330pts) +

Optimized Stealth Cadre (330pts)
····XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (140pts)
········Ghostkeel Shas'vre (140pts) [Cyclic Ion Raker, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster (10pts)]

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1670pts) ++

+ HQ (217pts) +

Commander (217pts) [MV4 Shield Drone (12pts)]
····XV8 Commander Crisis Suit (120pts) [Command and Control Node (15pts), Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite (20pts), Puretide Engram Neurochip (15pts), Shield Generator (25pts), Stimulant Injector (15pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts), XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit (25pts)]

+ Elites (342pts) +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (342pts)

+ Troops (552pts) +

Breacher Team (200pts) [EMP Grenades (16pts), Fire Warrior Shas'ui with Pulse Blaster (19pts), 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster (63pts), MV36 Guardian Drone (12pts)]

Breacher Team (188pts) [EMP Grenades (16pts), Fire Warrior Shas'ui with Pulse Blaster (19pts), 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster (63pts)]

+ Fast Attack (84pts) +

Drones (84pts) [6x MV7 Marker Drone (84pts)]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (210pts)

+ Fortification (265pts) +

Tidewall Rampart (265pts) [Tidewall Gunrig (85pts), 2x Tidewall Shieldline (120pts)]
····Tidewall Droneport (60pts) [4x MV1 Gun Drone]

That's still a bit messy, but should be more readable.

• Like 2

ok so if i was to drop some troops and take a cadre fire blade can he fit into one of the fire teams on the tidewall and then the fire blade use the gunrig? does his unit still get the volleyfire? do they all have to shoot at the same target as same unit? 

He has splitfire I think you mean and yes, that is how to do it.  Cadre Fireblade should go with FW's to fire the Gunrigs.  Definitely.

But he wont have Skyfire.  Only the Commander can gt that.

• Like 1

He has splitfire I think you mean and yes, that is how to do it.  Cadre Fireblade should go with FW's to fire the Gunrigs.  Definitely.

But he wont have Skyfire.  Only the Commander can gt that.

Interesting dilemma! I will go and think on decent anti air defence for the commie fish boys! LOL  

I'd probably switch the crisis suits around to have target locks in the big squad, instead of their current support system. Also I'd move the turrets to the non devilfish mounted squads. Drop the marker drones, and instead run them in the crisis suit unit, with a drone controller on the commander. Although I guess that might be a touch too powerful for what you're going for?

• Like 1

Yeah i was thinking of switching to target locks on the suits but didn't know if it was gonna make the list a bit more heavy? As for the turrets i could quite easily stick them on the free warriors instead as they will be more stationery in games. And yeah i was thinking of giving the suits etc the drones and then also the commander in the same squad and use his BS on the markers etc and then let the crisis guys go crazy. I guess it depends on folks if they think that will make them too OP for OFCC?

Mmm well the large crisis suit unit has its weaknesses and I wouldn't consider it a true deathstar myself, more like a mini one that can punch well but needs careful handling or it dies real fast if caught out of position.

Yeah the crisis suits unit being OP is defiantly not my idea for OFCC and its far from being anything like a deathstar. It is more like a unit that can take a bit of punishment and deal some out if used correctly. Alongside the commander it should be decent though! :)