Adeptus Titanicus Rumors

GW’s decision to launch it with a $300 deluxe boxed set and then wait nearly two years before rolling out an “regular” boxed set (which still costs $150!) probably did not help it gain much traction...

Yeah, yeah, I know that hobby gaming is a luxury good. I’m usually the first to shrug my shoulders and say “if they’ve got customers willing to pay that much it, then that price is fair.” But, well, when you set the price at wagyu steak levels, you won’t sell as many as if it were ground chuck price.

16 hours ago, Ish said:

GW’s decision to launch it with a $300 deluxe boxed set and then wait nearly two years before rolling out an “regular” boxed set (which still costs $150!) probably did not help it gain much traction...

Yeah, yeah, I know that hobby gaming is a luxury good. I’m usually the first to shrug my shoulders and say “if they’ve got customers willing to pay that much it, then that price is fair.” But, well, when you set the price at wagyu steak levels, you won’t sell as many as if it were ground chuck price.

I don't get why it costs so much more than battletech

8 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Because people are willing to pay that price for GW models and IP.

How much would you pay for a MAD-7D Marauder model the same size and complexity as a Reaver Titan model? How much would you pay for a Reaver Titan figure on the same size as an Iron Wind Metals BattleMech figure?

Final point: The new starter set costs less than the Dark Imperium set for 40k. Is it of equivalent value? More? Less?

1 hour ago, Inquisitor66 said:

To be fair to GW, the models for Adeptus Titanicus are a hell of a lot more detailed than the ones that Iron Wind Metals is putting out... and Iron Wind Metals doesn’t actually make any new designs for BattleTech, they’re still using the designs, molds, and equipment they acquired from Ral Partha in 2001. Many of those designs go all the way back to 1984.

Not only are the designs far less complex, any and all “start up costs” for getting the designs made have loooong since been recouped.

Catalyst Game Labs has announced some plastic minis are due out in the near future... But they’re still vaporware at this point.

• Like 1

GW’s decision to set the game during the Heresy might have been a mistake in this regard, since it basically means all participants will be “Imperial” models... The Traitor Legions will differ from the Loyalists only in their paint job.

Unlike “classic” Epic 40,000 there won’t be any Eldar Titans, no Ork Gargants, no Tyranid Bio-Titans, and no mutated, warp-forged Chaos Daemon Engines.

yeah - pulling out and dusting off my Epic stuff has solidified my intention not to bother picking up anything GW is doing with AT... 

Epic:Armageddon / NetEpic versions rules are all free online - lots of stuff on eBay or aftermarket proxies for all armies exist as well at reasonable prices.  Couple that with a good quality resin 3D printer... (and a fist full of STLs).  I don't see a point in sending GW any more $$$ for a good ruleset and minis (which already exist with Epic in spades).

-d

3 hours ago, Ish said:

GW’s decision to set the game during the Heresy might have been a mistake in this regard, since it basically means all participants will be “Imperial” models... The Traitor Legions will differ from the Loyalists only in their paint job.

Unlike “classic” Epic 40,000 there won’t be any Eldar Titans, no Ork Gargants, no Tyranid Bio-Titans, and no mutated, warp-forged Chaos Daemon Engines.

Exactly.

I want to see a "War of the Beast" expansion at least.

• 1 year later...