Blood Bowl Leaks

pretre

Not sure if it counts as a "leak" but there is a new GW website out for the new box version:  http://www.bloodbowl.com/

Pretty bare-bones at the moment, but it has an unboxing video under the Start Here button.

Rumors seem to be pointing to a late November release, but even those are pretty hazy.

Thanks for sharing!  The link Torg posted at the top of page 2 is to the "Getting Started" section of the new BB page, just hard to tell with the way it shortens the displayed link.  

I eagerly await the "How to" video, so I can watch it and show it to the grumpy old man.

So, I just read this blurb from a site talking about Essen...is this true?  This seems like a MAJOR shift in the rules...

The classic formula is still very much in evidence, but the somewhat frustrating rule which ended your turn early if one of your players fumbled or missed a tackle has been removed. 

The responses to that thread made it sounds as though they were not teaching the turnover rule (and other more advanced rules) for Essen demo games to simplify the demo games on-site and get as many people through the experience as possible.

If you watch this short video, about 20 seconds in, the GW employee at Essen responds to the issue of rules changes, which sounds minor.

http://analisisparalisis.es/2016/10/21/essen-2016-blood-bowl/

Eliminating the turnover rule would be a huge mistake. 

Actually, the rumor is that GW is making it (along with the 4 minute time limit per turn) optional. That one rule does (IMHO) make the game very unforgiving for new players. I can't imagine that our local BB community would ever stop using the turnover rule in league play.

Actually, the rumor is that GW is making it (along with the 4 minute time limit per turn) optional. That one rule does (IMHO) make the game very unforgiving for new players. I can't imagine that our local BB community would ever stop using the turnover rule in league play.

How is the turnover rule unforgiving? It has been that way since the first edition. And while it can be unforgiving it very much a sauce for the goose rule. Changing that is a serious change in gameplay.

Opps I dropped the ball wait I can just move this other guy over and pick it up, no this won't seriously change the game at all...  :rolleyes: