Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

Got a color pack of sharpies for v-day, they will be a big help in graffiti-ing up the buildings.   Also, the GF is out of town for a few days so I have no excuse to not work on some things.  I need more stucco-colored paint, so I may pick some up tomorrow and work on getting some buildings coated.   

Still waiting on the Seraph to ship so I can get it assembled and start work on it.  Until then, my ff7 proxy will have to do.

• Like 1

Alright, here are the twenty models and state that they are in for the league.

Seraph+bot - Just arrived, assmebled
Sierra - Painted, but re-doing
Sierra - Ordering this week
Pathfinder - Ordering this week
Pathfinder - Ordering this week
Bulleteer, Spitfire - 1/2 painted, going to re-start
Fusilier - Primed and washed
Order Sergeant - Finished, may order a new set of 3
Order Sergeant - "                                                    "
Order Sergeant + Auxbot - Done, re-doing auxbot
Order Sergeant, Spitfire - Primed and washed
Order Sergeant, Multi Sniper - Primed
Brother Konstantinos - Done
Engineer - Done
Mulebot - Ordering or converting
Joan 2.0 - Done
Father Knight, Spitfire - Ordering
Knight Hospitaller, Doctor - Done, but going to do a second

I have a bunch of things to pick up, but wanted to have my goals set now so I know what I needs.   This week the focus will be acquiring and assembling models, painting will come later.  Hopefully people don't hate me for running two TR bots, or feasting on their tears. 

• Like 1

Eh, I don't know if I'd call it a cop-out.  I've realized with my MO and Pano that if you are going to play the shooty/killy army, then you need to be really effective at shooting and killing.  If I'm going to waste 3-4 orders with my crap WIP in my turn trying to activate a consul, then I want it to be as hard as possible for my opponent to get them in theirs.

Getting a bit done before work today.   One building is primed and waiting to dry, and I cleaned up the seraph then sprayed him and his little buddy white.  I'm not really in the mood to paint, so I might work on some terrain for a bit.

Trying to figure out what to bring for biotech this weekend.  It will be a good chance to try out some new ideas.

• Like 1

Holy crap!  I never actually wrote about the games from last week.  Well, I'll keep it brief.

First game was against Nate and his horrifying Marut Aleph list.  That thing is a beast, fortunately the low-hanging bridges on the board kept him on one half of the board.  I went second with my Seraph list.   In the first turn he dropped a mine with a Naga, and moved some units into position.  Like  doof I forgot that the Naga can bring mono mines, and sacrificed my seraph on the first turn.  With my heavy-hitter dead I focused on gaining quadrants and doing surgical strikes on his units that were threatening me.  I had mixed luck until the third turn when I got two consoles and managed to hold the most ground for the third turn in a row.  We forgot classifieds (do'h), but it ended in a 8-1 victory for me. 

Next up was Pete and his Neo-Terra list.   This time I got to go first, and went on a rampage with a buffed-up TR bot on the right side of the board.  Sadly, My seraph had no where to hide on the board so I was cautious about moving him until later in the game.   I played the scenario badly, and had a lot of crap luck.  On top of that, Pete is a great player and kept me locked into my side of the board most of the game.  I eventually got to go on a seraph rampage to claim some revenge, but there was nothing I could do to stop his advances.   Huge with to Pete, who slapped me around 9-0. 

I think the most important thing I learned from these games is that in quadrant-control-type scenarios, it is a big boost to go second.  You know exactly how much ground you need to gain, and you can deal with the opponent on your own terms since you are active in the scoring turn.

Tonight's list will be very different, as Biotech is a crazy scenario!

Painting progress has been made on the big guy.  Yesterday he got primed up, and this morning I finished getting the black wash onto him.  

IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg

Next up comes the white layering and cleanup.  I'm also working on some TO and camo markers, I'll post a pic if I have time before leaving today.

• Like 1

List from last night:

logo_13.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 10 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_23.png JOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 49)
logo_10.png FATHER-KNIGHT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 50)
logo_4.png KNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (41)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
logo_26.png BROTHER KONSTANTINOS Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (29)
logo_2.png ORDER SERGEANT MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
logo_2.png ORDER SERGEANT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)
logo_2.png ORDER SERGEANT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png0 orden_irregular.png1 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_27.png WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (3)

2 SWC (+1) | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

Played Biotechvore last night against Jay's JSA.   He had me deploy first and I took first turn.  He got off to an unlucky start when both of his superior infiltrators failed their rolls to deploy, and had to start off in his deployment zone.

In my first turn, Jay used a command token to limit me to a single command token for the turn.  I began by moving the link team up the left flank, luckily taking out a spitfire domaru who happened to cross my path through a very narrow corridor.  After that, I used the warcor's order and my one command token to move up joan, two of my TO camo sergeants (one was lucky enough to make his deployment roll), and the hospitaller doctor.   Joan used her inspiring presence order to move the same group up again.  With my last handful of orders I moved guys up, set the hospitaller in suppressive, and hoped for the best.   In the end my warcor, hospitaller, sniper, and Joan had to take hits from the biotech zone.  The warcor, it's job being completed, died like the hero that she is.  The sniper and hospitaler managed to save, but joan took her first wound ([big bad swear word]e!).

In Jay's turn he began to move units up out of the zone.   One of his aragato came into the sights of my hospitaller, who was lucky enough to take him down.  Jay formed a link with his keisotsu, then unloaded 5 machine gun shots into my father knight, knocking him unconcious.  The rest of his turn was spent moving up into position, and keeping out of range of a mine that I had laid down.   At his end he lost the HMG to the biotech, but his TO character was able to make her save.

Next turn I pumped orders into joan and began to knock his units off the table.  She took down an aragato, keisotsu, and one other model with one order on each.  What I forgot to do, was move her forward...   After that I spent some orders on getting my classifieds wrapped up, and healing my father knight back up with the hospitaller.  This turn I had left Joan in the tech-zone, so she took another wound and went into NWI.

Jay was down to 4 orders at this point, and moved his troops to safer positions.  His TO character got out of the biotech and set up in suppressive on top of a building accross from my father and hospialler knights.  

In my final turn I brought brother K out of his link and got behind the TO supressive model.  I managed to pump a bunch of assult pistol shots into her but took a mine to the face as well, both died.  Joan killed one of the remaining domaru, got blasted with E/M grenades, and used her lieutenant order to get to safety.   I tried to get into fighting-distance with my father knight, but he took a shotgun blast from afar and failed to save it, going unconcious again.  

In Jay's final turn he attempted to get into btb with my father knight and coup-de-gras him for a classified, but on his way got blasted by two sets of supressive fire and fell dead.  

The scenario is really interesting, and kinda screws with you a bit.  Jay got really screwed over by having his surgical strike units fail to deploy forward, as they could have torn my army to pieces otherwise.  Final tally for this one was 9-0 for the space pope.  Thanks for the game, Jay!

Painting-wise I'm working on cleaning and re-painting some models that I did before settling on the white+blue color combo.   I have a fusilier, auxbot, two combi sergeants, and a TO sniper primed and drying, a spitfire sergeant assembled, and ordered in a set of dronbots.

Little bits of progress made today.   Got a few layers of blue done on a fusilier and assembled my new bots.   After I go get some lunch and make a trip to the store I'm hoping to get the fusilier done. 

I would love to spray the bots today and get them ready for painting, but the weather is giving me few opportunities.

To celebrate the news that the Uhlan should be released by Gencon this year, I made a 40mm camo marker.   Hopefully the news isn't a load of hooey!

What does Pan-O need with Polish Light Cavalry? Lances and sabres do not do well in a gun fight. Maybe if they were Motorcycle troops..........

• Like 2

To celebrate the news that the Uhlan should be released by Gencon this year, I made a 40mm camo marker.   Hopefully the news isn't a load of hooey!

uhlans being released by 'blank' date is like the longest running joke in infinity.  like brettonians getting a new book in whfb... poor brets lol.  killed the game off before they even got it hahaha

see it to believe it!

Finally got some models finished, and made a bit of progress on others. 

Bulleteer bot
IMG_0122.jpg

Fusilier

IMG_0125.jpg

Bases for my other bots

IMG_0126.jpg

And the first leg of the Seraph
IMG_0152.jpg

This is all I'm gonna have time to get done this week, have to devote the rest of my free time to studying.   Come Monday I'll get back into it and start on my other fusiliers.

• Like 3