Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

GOOD.  

Water tower is almost done, at least structurally.  I will take the time to get this piece 100% finished before moving on to others, because i like it a lot.  There are some order sergeants coming in the mail for me, hoping to get a little more painting done before they arrive as I am quickly piling up unpainted models.

• Like 2

It's the Vankucky zombie plague. It's only a matter of time now :D

But I already live in Vancouver!

Working on the pieces from Spartan that RD gave me to work on last weekend.  The main piece is done, but doesn't have the roof to put on it.  A few door pieces look like they can be assembled, but the rest is just random panels and cut-outs.  I'll assemble what I can out of it and save a few pieces that I can use out of the junk.

Edit:  As I put these doors together, every part of my patience is being tested.  I don't know if the card was too thick or the holes were cut too small, but it is a pain in the ass getting them to fit together correctly. 

Thanks Jay and RD for playing last night!

The Magister Knight link is absolutely disgusting with the amount of firepower it brings for it's low cost.  I will shelve them for now and test out other builds, but they will be seen again.  They won me both games, killing their way across the board, making tons of armor saves, and getting to the safe house. 

I guess that warrants painting some of them as a reward.

• Like 2

For sure, I'm always up for murdering more Aleph.  heh heh...

This was yesterday's list:

logo_13.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png5
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_9.png MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (23)
logo_9.png MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (24)
logo_9.png MAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)

4 SWC | 189 Points

Open with Army 5

• Like 1

Thanks Jay and RD for playing last night!

The Magister Knight link is absolutely disgusting with the amount of firepower it brings for it's low cost.  I will shelve them for now and test out other builds, but they will be seen again.  They won me both games, killing their way across the board, making tons of armor saves, and getting to the safe house. 

I guess that warrants painting some of them as a reward.

I dumped a ton of shots into that unit for naught.

• Like 1

Magister Knights are insanely good for their points and they have two wounds! :huh:

Two wounds, 3 armor and bts, great weapons loadouts. My favorite thing to do with them is run them up in a five man link team into the opponents backfield and break the link and let them go to town murdering cheerleaders. 

• Like 3

My first pan-o purchase was the half of the box that you and I split, Raindog.

My second pan-o purchase was a team of Magister Knights I traded for with one of the guys up here. I had NO idea what they were, I only knew they were pan-o. Glad I got something decent! :)

Yeah, they are good in many ways.

In a link they are devestating.  The missile launcher wrecks everything in sight from long range, and even if he falls you still have 2 panzerfaust rounds on the other troopers.  You don't have to be afraid to move them up the board, because getting into close range should be your goal.  Once you get in, they will wreck everyone with a hail of shotgun fire and devastating close-combat abilities.

On their own they are solid impetuous troops.  They lack the smoke of most of other impetuous units, but also have the ability to dodge incoming attacks on a 17.  Run one up the sidelines and it will be a headache for your opponent that they have to deal with, or watch their troops get taken down one at a time.

Besides all of that, they are a heavy infantry model with 2 wounds and arm 3 for an insanely low point cost.  Worth it almost every time.

• Like 2