Anyone playing anymore?

Every Sunday at Guardian Games a small group of people have been showing up to play (around 6-10 people I think). I'm not sure how "casual" they are, as I've seen some pretty brutal lists and really shying away from playing with them. But they do seem to meet up regularly to play.

X-Wing seems to be one of those games that is either hot or cold. When it's hot, you get a ton of people show up to play, and after a bit, they stop playing and the game goes cold. I have a hypothesis why, and maybe someday I'll research it, but I have so many other irons in the fire right now... 

I'd expect it to pick back up around the Holidays when Rogue One comes out and people get bit by the Star Wars bug again. Someone mentioned to me a Portland area Facebook page for X-wing, so maybe a bunch of people stopped posting here and have been using Facebook?

WHOA...there is someone on Ordo from Humboldt???????

Is NCRP still there?

I was just in Eureka for a funeral, sadly did not have any time to seek out the gaming scene...

Yep, NCRP is still around. I only play at NuGames though since it's closer to where I live and has an established group of X wing players. Interestingly, and frustratingly, there's hardly a gaming scene locally besides Magic, outside of small fringe RPG or boardgame groups.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...