A coup! We have a new dicktater!

Fix

Over a year has passed since our absent president was elected and club action is required!  In times of strife the Romans would turn to a dicktater and we shall do no less until we can figure out what's going on!  Tonight a secret council met and elected Kacy Kadow from the rank of Treasurer to be the first Warhamster Temperor!  We've got a lot of new blood in the store and with the 10th anniversary of the Warhamsters founding it's well time we get some things done around here.  Kacy has, for a while, been granted the power to make some policies and schedules for the club, and we devote our full faith in his divine word, until he disappoints us, and then we stab him in an alley.

Hail Kacy!  Hail our Temperor!  For a while may you reign!

• Like 7

All joking aside, should this matter not have been announced to the club prior to the event so that everyone could have the opportunity to show up and voice their opinion?

Not to imply false pretenses but announcing after the fact that a meeting was held which changed the dynamic of the club officers seems a little off

I think you're not entirely clear on the meaning of the word "coup."

• Like 2

All joking aside, should this matter not have been announced to the club prior to the event so that everyone could have the opportunity to show up and voice their opinion?

Not to imply false pretenses but announcing after the fact that a meeting was held which changed the dynamic of the club officers seems a little off

Attempts were previously made to have elections held in a timely manner. Such attempts were rebuked. Growth and energy has been experienced in the club. Speedy resolution was needed. The Roman election of a (t)emporer in times of crisis were used as an example. Change was made.

I can write in active voice, I just choose not to do so.

• Like 3

Attempts were previously made to have elections held in a timely manner. Such attempts were rebuked. Growth and energy has been experienced in the club. Speedy resolution was needed. The Roman election of a (t)emporer in times of crisis were used as an example. Change was made.

I can write in active voice, I just choose not to do so.

Attempts? When/where? I have seen nothing.

Attempts? When/where? I have seen nothing.

In the past it was always the acting President's responsibility to hold quarterly meetings, one of which a year would be to elect a new President. Shea has been busy outside of the club so this hasn't been done (which is totally fine, no insult to Shea, RL takes priority over gaming). The next step after this would be for our Vice President to step in and enact meetings, but Joey has also been fairly busy with RL stuff and also is a bit of an anarchist so elections were never held.

With upcoming events needing to be organized and several new people coming down to the game store, it was suggested that we needed someone to take on the job of organizing these things and by merit of being the most willing to take on work, I got nominated for the job. At this time, the current structure of the "leadership council" that we've had in the past has been set aside to facilitate the needs of the club and as all of the active members of said council agreed to this change, a quorum of Warhamsters proposed and voted on this change, and it seems like a generally good idea, the change has taken place.

• Like 1

As usual the minutes..

Sometime:a little malcontent, a little scheming

Sometime later: Kevin is overthrown! All hail kacey!

Meanwhile: somewhere, Eli cries, maybe goos and maybe even gaahs

For the record, I was never over-thrown. Civil unrest, however, was at an all-time high and the writing on the wall. I passed leadership onto the next dupe, content to while away my remaining years in self-imposed exile. The aforementioned dupe, was the one who just got couped on.

I'll not tolerate some revisionist history in our sacred and mostly pointless minutes!

• Like 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.