InfestedKerrigan

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Nightfall / Ancient Dreams / Tales of Creation have been on rotation in my car this last month.

Very nice, Candlemass without Messiah just seems amiss to me. My cd player is busted in my truck so I've been listening to a lot of tapes.

Here is what I've been listening to through out last week:

Slayer - South of Heaven

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Kreator - Extreme Aggresion

King Diamond - Conspiracy

Judas Priest - Painkiller

ANALOGUE MADNESS

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, Grensche said:

Very nice, Candlemass without Messiah just seems amiss to me. My cd player is busted in my truck so I've been listening to a lot of tapes.

Here is what I've been listening to through out last week:

Slayer - South of Heaven

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Kreator - Extreme Aggresion

King Diamond - Conspiracy

Judas Priest - Painkiller

ANALOGUE MADNESS

ONLY ANALOG IS REAL!!!

n0nMYhl.jpg?1

Funny, I have the opposite problem as you: my car's CD / AUX work fine, but my record/cassette player took a crap on me a while ago, heh. Some choice tunes sir! Envious of the King Diamond cassette.

Messiah Candlemass is best Candlemass, although Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is great. Couldn't get into the Robert Lowe stuff, even though Solitude Aeturnus is good. Still haven't listened to anything after "Death Magic Doom," heh.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

ONLY ANALOG IS REAL!!!

n0nMYhl.jpg?1

Funny, I have the opposite problem as you: my car's CD / AUX work fine, but my record/cassette player took a crap on me a while ago, heh. Some choice tunes sir! Envious of the King Diamond cassette.

Messiah Candlemass is best Candlemass, although Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is great. Couldn't get into the Robert Lowe stuff, even though Solitude Aeturnus is good. Still haven't listened to anything after "Death Magic Doom," heh.

Very nice tapes!! Sodom and Pestilence caught my eye! I have the same Judas Priest 'Defenders of the Faith' tape. I'm still collecting tapes, they're cheap!

Yeah I like Robert Lowe but I was just not feelin' it during his time with Candlemass. They have a different singer now but I don't know if he's any good, I'll have to YouTube it and see for myself, ha!

36 minutes ago, Grensche said:

Very nice tapes!! Sodom and Pestilence caught my eye! I have the same Judas Priest 'Defenders of the Faith' tape. I'm still collecting tapes, they're cheap!

I'm the same way, I only own, like, 5 records, but I'm always on the hunt for tapes! Sadly most of the 2nd hand shops stopped carrying them, and the music stores in Portland seem to charge "collectors prices" for them.

4 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I'm the same way, I only own, like, 5 records, but I'm always on the hunt for tapes! Sadly most of the 2nd hand shops stopped carrying them, and the music stores in Portland seem to charge "collectors prices" for them.

I have a lot of vinyl. I need to get another shelf because I have a pile building up. I have quite a few cd's and my tape collection is growing. That really sucks about the extra fee, maybe look on discogs or ebay? A lot of tapes I find on ebay are cheap, plus certain shops here in Seattle still sell tapes. Take a look at Kreationrecords.net (it's located here in Seattle) it also goes under by Zion's Gate as well, the guy that runs the shop is a cool dude. 

My problem with tapes is that they make vinyl look durable.  Too easy to melt, twist, spindle or otherwise mangle a tape.

Of course, with the vagabond lifestyle that my wife and I have adopted I am really moving to digital everything.  Before we left Seattle I converted everything to digital so that it was more easily portable.  At present I have about 17GB of music on my computer here and can move it to my phone and/or car as I desire.  It also means that my library of electronica, often only available as a download, doesn't get separated from the rest of my library..

(And to get us back on the music topic)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Favorite Maiden album!... or at the very least tied with "7th Son." Maiden sure know how to close out an album

Probably one of the best closer songs. The solo on that song alone was amazing!

I've been listening to this guy's work on video game songs. Very talented!

• 2 weeks later...