LOTR SBG - New stuff and roll call for event on Jan 14

Men are weak

For starters - anyone up for a 1 day game event / tournament on Sat.  Jan14?   Stephen G (Ring of Gyges) and I have been playing this (until my schedule got ugly in December) again, and GW has been pumping out some new material for the game.   Respond to this thread and let me know if you're interested, and I'll secure a few tables at GG or somewhere else.  Probably bring 1 500 point army (OK if good vs. good, or evil vs. evil), but I'm flexible on size, if folks have other preferences.   If we go tournament, I'll toss in a box of Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs to the winner.

New stuff from GW (see their website):

Hobbit There and Back Again journeybook - new scenarios, and updated profiles for all characters from The Hobbit trilogy

Plastic Lake Town terrain - pretty cool, and a shockingly decent value from GW

Dain on Boar from Forgeworld

Iron Hills Dwarves from Forgeworld

Dwarf Ballista (Twirly Whirly) from Forgeworld

Stuff that's allegedly coming:

Gundabad Berserkers

Gundabad Trolls

Gundabad Ogres

New Middle Earth SBG rulebook with updated profiles from LOTR SBG game.

Jesse is correct.  GW's license only covers The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit.   Only material covered in those books may be referenced.   That being said, Lord of the Rings includes the appendices, and there's a treasure trove of information there, including several references to characters and events from The Silmarillion. 

The Tolkien estate has been pretty clear that they'll never sell (at least not while Christopher Tolkien is running things) a license to be able to reference the Silmarillion or other historical "books" (aka collections of notes cobbled together by Christopher - although still very interesting).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

McMenamin's Kennedy School is hosting a JRR Tolkien birthday party, with Hobbit themed food, films and music.

http://www.mcmenamins.com/events/162555-Happy-Birthday-JRR-Tolkien

Ring of Gyges and I will be setting up a table to do a bit of Hobbit / Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Gaming.   Stop by if you're interested!