Top Posters In This Topic

• WestRider

• Raindog

• Purplepeopleeater

• pretre

44 minutes ago, WestRider said:

91b9eb8e7efdf495ed00d80da984485faddc2c6d

That hits a little close to home.

Would anyone like to loan me $150,000 so I can spend a decade turning my theories on the role that Emperor Manuel I Komnenos may or may not have played in the failure of the Second Crusade into a Masters' Thesis? Anyone? 

ac85983359f2643fada4ace05c068c4e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

purity.png

History (of the most recent two and some change centuries) is mostly about studying how much the Sociologists and Psychologists got things terribly wrong; which led to the Biologists, Chemists, and Physicists coming up with new and creative ways to kill people.

History (of the ten or twelve centuries before that) is mostly about studying how much the Theologians and Philosophers got things terribly wrong; which led to Metallurgists and Physicists (even though we didn’t call them that yet) coming up with new and creative ways to kill people.

History (of the ten to forty centuries before that) is called Anthropology and is about studying how Homo sapiens came up with new and creative ways to kill other people.

Before that we’ve got Paleoanthropology which is about studying how H. sapiens came up with O.G. ways of killing H. neanderthalensis and the other closely related species so we could become the only people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2