Hey Joey

Everyday music is on my way to work, so sometimes I step in there, but usually nothing calls out to me.  Today, there was both Mastodon and Holst in the new arrivals!

I picked up Leviathan and The Planets for $10.

Leviathan is a sweet album, and the production on the cd with all the artwork on the jacket, insert, and even the disk itself is really nice.

I actually just repurchased that album a couple of days ago. It was stolen several years ago along with my whole collection and I got to really missing that album. It made me feel old though as I rocked the hell out of it when it first came out. I then remembered that it came out when I was 16, then I remembered that i was 16 10 years ago. At any rate, since I repurchased it I have been splitting my lungs with blood and thunder though mostly only when I see the white whale. And occasionally I tell my men to break their backs and crack their oars if they wish to prevail.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's [big bad swear word]ing delightful. "a magical, leather-clad, fire-breathing, sonic unicorn" is an apt description!

Joey posted a video of Babymetal on Facebook a while ago with the caption "Why you do, Japan?" I think that about sums it up. It's so manufactured, but it's so totally ape[big bad swear word] crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That isn't a bad cover at all.

I just picked up some awesome progressive and/or symphonic black metal and all of the albums have been awesome

This song is about a surgeon in the trenches that eats his fellow soldiers to stay alive. Pretty damn metal.

And I finally picked up that Vattnet Viskar album that i posted earlier. All of these albums are very dark and atmospheric and just plain epic. Awesome stuff and exactly what I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey metalheads,how come no one told me that MASTODON and GOJIRA will be at the Showbox on Monday night???  

Is anyone else interested in going?  If someone will drive, I'll by their ticket.

JOEY!

*edit*

Looks like I'm going with some work compadres.  Still, Warhamsters should come represent. METAL!

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.