Hey Joey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will show up in the next few days with my review of your posts and some of my own holy words of metal glory. I have been in quiet meditation, channeling much metal glory into my blackened heart. Soon I will unleash upon you the gift of soul obliterating metal destruction. Prepare yourselves mortals

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I begin the aural obliteration I promised you. Here are the bands I have been listening to lately. Also I really like both of the bands you posted Nathan. The seem like they are worth a look.

New Aborted is pretty standard fare as far as grindy gore death metal goes and isn't too terribly different from their previous albums but that doesn't mean I don't love it just as much as their previous releases. Lots of relentless horror riddled brutality on this album.

The same goes for the new Vader. Nothing new really though they have a few more epic songs but they are still just as legendarily badass as ever.

Allegaeon always destroys your brain with awesome technicality and metal about space and physics.

If you ever need a song that has keyboards that are so overdriven they make you feel confident enough to build a time machine, go back in time and punch a T Rex in the face on top of a mountain in a lighting storm while you have a lightning rod strapped to your back, then this song is for you. (also this album has guest vocals from Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian and Britney Slayes of Unleash the Archers who happens to be one of my future wives. And it is a sweet concept album about an android)

This one goes out to my homeboy Satan. This band is freaking great! Classic raw black metal sound with their own stylistic approach that makes it much easier to digest for those that don't typically like black metal

Legendary album by one of the most important bands in metal. I finally got around to picking this album up after years of knowing I really needed to give it a listen.

Super sweet chuggy doomy mostly instrumental stoner metal. Super good questing music!

The new Mastodon album is great all the way through with some really catchy tunes and some heavy stuff too. Plus this video should appeal to everyone on these forums.

I already posted a song by Ne Obliviscaris once before but I will again. There is a possibility of these guys being my new favorite band. Long progy black metaly violin songs that really just take you on an epic journey.

Alestorm never get old. This is probably their best song about booze which they have a lot of.

This is another one of my future wives. The next several songs will be by bands that are doing their best to make sure that old school heavy metal, hard rock and psychedelic rock from the 60s and 70s stay alive. Also they are really badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hgWxb1bXkE

One of the better band names I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpsffboOAc

Awesome album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5von-_FI0U

And now for something not metal at all just to throw you through a loop and make you question if you are even still in your own universe because Joey is recommending a non metal band. Here is an electronic artist called Ink Midget. The flow and atmosphere of his songs are awesome. This will definitely be some great video game music.

https://soundcloud.com/exitab/ink-midget-night-float

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd take advantage of the necromancy to get in on this thread.

I've got a Viking riding mammoths:

Stumbled on this a while back, it has an orchestral version as well if you're not a fan of the voice:

http://youtu.be/y_ts8cPScXM

My old favorites Ensiferum, saw them along with Tyr at Paganfest a while back, much merriment was had:

Now to look through this ancient thread for some glorious hard-hitting metal to paint by.

• Like 1

Death metal is generally very low growly metal. Death growls as they are called are very low guttural yells. Screaming does happen but it is generally dominated by very guttural vocals. As far as the music goes then blast beats are a mainstay of death. Blast beats are fairly common throughout metal but death metal uses them very frequently. Guitars are typically tuned very low and played very fast.

Hackneyed is a pretty good example of typical death metal. There are of course little tweaks here and there that different artists put in that make it their own unique distinct thing. This is just a rough idea of your average death band.

• Like 1

Also the lyrics of death metal are typically very violent. Whether they are about serial killers or horrible necrotic abominations eating peoples flesh, there is generally a lot of blood and gore in death metal. In fact there are some death metal bands that are often referred to as "gore metal". Cannibal Corpse and Aborted are both big gore bands.

Not all death metal is violent but in general you will usually find some sort of killing or maiming in a death metal song.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.