WH40k skirmishes?

So I am relatively new to the 40k scene, I have been painting since last October, playing other games since September, and I want to start playing 40k. My friend showed me the basic rules a couple weeks ago, and after that, I put together a bare-minimum army of just over 300 points. If anyone would want to teach me or just play a game, PM me, on here or on GameFor @wargamingCalligrapher. If anyone could help me out, that would be great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wargamingCalligrapher said:

So I am relatively new to the 40k scene, I have been painting since last October, playing other games since September, and I want to start playing 40k. My friend showed me the basic rules a couple weeks ago, and after that, I put together a bare-minimum army of just over 300 points. If anyone would want to teach me or just play a game, PM me, on here or on GameFor @wargamingCalligrapher. If anyone could help me out, that would be great!

300pts can be tough to balance. Got a list?

4 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

300pts can be tough to balance. Got a list?

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [16 PL, 289pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 97pts]: Combi-melta, Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 96pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad [6 PL, 96pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Combat knife, Sniper rifle
. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher
. 3x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 3x Sniper rifle

++ Total: [16 PL, 289pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Just now, wargamingCalligrapher said:

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [16 PL, 289pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 97pts]: Combi-melta, Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 96pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad [6 PL, 96pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Combat knife, Sniper rifle
. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher
. 3x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 3x Sniper rifle

++ Total: [16 PL, 289pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I like it. That would be a fun list for 300pt games. Got a good mix, decent numbers, and you don't have anything unreasonable for the point level. Good job.

Lately been doing games at GG (guardian games) on friday (6pm, bar area) where we do multi-player battles. Very casual, last week was ~900pts per player. 900 was just the most I brought and the other players adjusted. Knocking it down to 300pts wouldn't be hard for our group, or you'd get put on a team.

Okay, probably not the friday group then. I think too many of the regulars wouldn't do it without beer... Would you be able to get there earlier (free play starts at about 6pm, could play before that).

Otherwise, weekends are pretty free for me, lately.

Though are you able to attend GG? I'm rereading, and thinking you meant that north portland was south for you, and if so, GG might be too far. I feel like Pretre might be in Camas. Maybe not, but there should be a hobby shop there with some regulars.

9 hours ago, wargamingCalligrapher said:

In the Camas area, but could go as far as northward Portland, and the entire Vancouver area.

46 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Okay, probably not the friday group then. I think too many of the regulars wouldn't do it without beer... Would you be able to get there earlier (free play starts at about 6pm, could play before that).

Otherwise, weekends are pretty free for me, lately.

Though are you able to attend GG? I'm rereading, and thinking you meant that north portland was south for you, and if so, GG might be too far. I feel like Pretre might be in Camas. Maybe not, but there should be a hobby shop there with some regulars.

I think GG might be a little further than what I’m looking for, but maybe one of these coming weekends would work? This weekend could, the one after cannot, the weekend after that is fine, but nothing on sundays

We talked in PMs, since the rest is public, Plan is a 300pt game at GG this coming Saturday at 2pm. If anyone else wants to bring a 300pt "soft" army, they are welcome to join us.

Looks like this one is a bust. Free RPG day at GG means no table reservations or play space for non-RPGs, and that's happening on the Saturday we had planned.

Anyclue if WOW will be open on that Saturday (16th)?

On 6/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, paxmiles said:

Looks like this one is a bust. Free RPG day at GG means no table reservations or play space for non-RPGs, and that's happening on the Saturday we had planned.

Anyclue if WOW will be open on that Saturday (16th)?

From Guardian games, which is where I will be that day, to the WOW clubhouse, is a six-minute walk, so I could take my army and play if you could find out if we could use some of the space that day?