Throne of Everblight (40k usage evalutation)

Model always looked really cool, but at the stock $95, it wasn't very appealing. Found the model on amazon for $66 with shipping, had a gift card that covered $50 of that, so I paid $16. A much more manageable cost.

Anyway, kit arrived today. Wow...a very cool model. Kit is mostly finecast (or whatever privateer call's there finecast). Although I very much intend this one for my warmachine, the kit is very, very, very tempting for usage with CSM, in particular, tzeentch. For scale, model's top is big enough for a 40mm base to fit with some minor modifications (not attaching bits, fits fine without "teeth" added to the top). A 25mm model would be cozy with or without modifications.

Kit is divided in sections, where the very top 1/4" of height is one bit, maybe an inch more is a second piece, and the main "squid" base is a third piece. Tentacles are additional pieces.

Anyway, for 40k conversions. Top 1/4" has any number of uses, the most obvious being a disc of tzeentch. Not sure on the mid-section, but that "squid" base is amazing in conversion options. If upside down, it would make a perfect top for a soulgrinder (any god). I can also picture it as an alternate mawloc that is half-way submerged. The tentacles are very tyranid looking and would make very impressive alternate bodies for zoans (you'd need to add a head).

For CSM, they'd also make a pretty neat alternate option for a daemon prince or greater daemon, as you could modify the the model to incorporate wings pretty easily (replacing tentacles). With the top tower platform, you could create a tzeentch theme where the psykers were riding giant spawn, instead of them being daemonic greaters/princes. 

At $66, I may get a second or third of these kits for my CSM. This kit is very awesome and certainly worth looking into for conversions for 40k.

-Pax