Duke DS Question (DE)

Okay, so the Duke grants DE raiders, ravangers and venoms the DS special rule. Question is regarding DE Raiders. Can I make use of the deep strike transport rules if my Raider Deep Strikes in this manner.

DS transport rules are on page 36 of the BRB, in the second to last paragraph on the left hand side.

Normally I'd just assume this was yes, but the DE have a very similar vehicle upgrade that specifically denies the ability to disembark after the DS. Although this character grants DS, instead of a free upgrade, I thought it was worthy of asking to be sure.

Any reason you can see where I wouldn't be able to DE a raider and disembark it's troops in a single turn via Duke's special rule?

-Pax

Doing so was viable last edition, but with the changes to disembarkation in 6th edition, I don't believe you can anymore- DSing vehicles count as moving at Cruising Speed, and you aren't allowed to disembark if your transport moved more than 6". There's some argument to be had about the difference between speed bands and actual movement, but I think, generally speaking, that it seems like it isn't viable.

Doing so was viable last edition, but with the changes to disembarkation in 6th edition, I don't believe you can anymore- DSing vehicles count as moving at Cruising Speed, and you aren't allowed to disembark if your transport moved more than 6". There's some argument to be had about the difference between speed bands and actual movement, but I think, generally speaking, that it seems like it isn't viable.

Did you not read the BRB section I pointed out?

Here (DS transport rules are on page 36 of the BRB, in the second to last paragraph on the left hand side, first sentence):

In the movement phase during which they arrive, deep striking units may not move any further, other than to disembark from a deep striking Transport Vehicle if they are in one.

BRB's actually pretty clear on this one, though every time I mention it, it seems to turn heads.

-Pax

>.< Totally missed that bit, and I even went back and double-checked the DS and transport rules because I recalled there being something like that.

So yeah, you can hop out after DSing via the Duke. The fact that the upgrade has the restriction is irrelevant (unless you for some reason also purchase it.)

Awesome. I can work with this.

I suppose, follow up, Duke has no GW model, right?

-Pax