Leaping down?

So, yeah, the leaping down rule on page 95 of the BRB. Is this done in the movement phase? Does it replace movement? Hopefully this is FAQed because I can't even find what phase it happens in. As I read it, the model can "elect" to jump off whenever. I'm not even sure if the leap could be attempted during the opponent's turn or in between the building penetration and the building damage rolls.

What I'm wondering is if I can have a unit leap down and embark into a transport in the same turn. Functionally, they'd leap down to ground level, take impact tests, survivors would then embark. This only works if the leap doesn't prevent further movement. SA book changes the battlements into ruins, so they should be able to embark if they have movement to do so.

The other question that comes to mind is that impact tests are "like" dangerous terrain tests. Does this mean that models immune to dangerous terrain still take impact tests? Do abilities that re-roll dangerous terrain apply to impact tests?

I got the FoR with it's wonderful 1x access point between 4x buildings, so I have a feeling I'm going to be doing quite a few impact tests. Would be really nice to understand how they work...

-Pax

I would say that rerolls would not help. MTC says "The MoveThrough Cover special rule has no effect on charge range rolls or Impact tests (see page 95)." which is good precedent.

And since you haven't disembarked, you should have no problem embarking on transports. I do that all the time with Bastions.

Agreed on both points. Impact Tests are not Dangerous Terrain tests, even though they work very similarly, and if you manage to survive the fall, you can embark on a vehicle.

Jumping down- and thus incurring an Impact test- is a part of movement and can only be done when the model is moving. You can thus do it during the movement phase, when Running, when Falling Back (in fact, you may be forced to do it here), etc, etc, but you can't simply elect to do so in the middle of the enemy's shooting phase.

• Like 1