Legendary or Star Wars; recommendations

So the better half and I are choosing an LCG to pick up. It will almost certainly also see group play with the larger Starving Crazed Weasels group, but first and foremost it will be her and me playing it.

I watched the "Watch it Played" guy run through Legendary and watched some Canadian outfit...Covenant maybe? do the Star Wars and wanted some local, live input on which would be better for our nefarious purposes.

The wife is at best a casual gamer. She was interested in Magic "as long as I can just keep the same deck all the time and don't have to build a new one". I, on the other hand, for a game called Raw Deal at one time had over 100 decks built...so there is at least a passing possibility that is a consideration.

The SCW are a much more diverse group where the level of play and strategy will go much deeper, but that is less heavily considered. There are 4 in the core group and another 6-7 less frequent participants (in Pathfinder we have never had more than 5 in a session but there are fully 11 different characters in the campaign...)

She will of course be less skilled at whatever game we pick up. I can enjoy a game like Yahtzee where there is a heavy, heavy element of luck but skill will still determine the outcome more often but cannot stand a game like pass the dice or Zynga poker (all in preflop regardless of cards and see what happens) where there is absolutely no luck, skill or strategy.

So ideally we would like a game where luck played some part and the occasional upset may occur, but where the play actually matters in determining the outcome of the game.

With that in mind, has anyone played both Legendary and Star Wars?

From watching, it looked to me like Legendary may be 90% luck in what you draw, but that may have been a result of WiP guys being...sub-optimal at the game, lets say. However, being mostly a co-op game that may not be a huge consideration. How much effect do the playing choices have on the outcome?

Conversely, Star Wars looked like it might too heavily favor the person who actively thinks about the game and might have a heavier pre-game deck building component. It seemed a much more in-depth game with some deeper play.

So which game is better (and what other game might be considered) for

1) game involving a casual gamer AND one who wants to impact the outcome

2) replayability

3) multiple players

Appreciate the input

• Like 1