Exorcists (DA) 2k "Endurance" list

DA 2k

HQ

Interrogator Chaplain (Warlord, TDA, Combi-Melta, Shroud)

Librarian (TDA, Lion's Roar, Axe, Displacer Field)

Non-slot HQ

Techmarine (Harness, Power Field Generator)

Techmarine (Harness, Power Field Generator)

Elites

Dreadnought (Venerable)

Dreadnought (Venerable)

Troops

Tactical Squad (9, Melta Gun, Veteran with PP+CCW)

-Rhino

Tactical Squad (9, Melta Gun, Veteran with PP+CCW)

-Rhino

Fast Attack

Dark Shroud

Heavy Support

Land Raider (MM, Deathwing)

Land Raider (MM, Deathwing)

Fortification

Vengeance Weapon Battery (2, Both Quad Icarus Lascannons)

Total: 1998pts

Tactics should be pretty obvious, plan is to outlast my opponent...or try to.

Wow. I think you don't have enough models, even with all the fields, to survive at 2k.

Yeah, it's a funny list like that. It would greatly depend on my rolling. I think melee heavy armies, like bugs, will find this a walk in the park, as I just don't have enough firepower to halt the swarm. I might survive against ranged heavy armies, especially ones that can't cut through av14 with ease.

My deathwing list is pretty similar. I'm running crusaders and I run out of models. One round of bad rolls and I'm nearly tabled. The landraiders are usually still there. I'd also throw the tact squads in pods so you can land on an objective or two and start scoring turn one.The one thing DA has going for them is they are tough to shoot off objectives. Stubborn + PFG in a drop pod. Land the pod on your target and then they have to kill a 4++ pod plus your jerks. Out lasting is very hard. I'm in the process of switching my Nurgle list to unbound just for that reason. Also pods would make more sense with the melta guns. Same with the Chappy, he wants to punch people. Also maybe ally with grey knights for some better invulns on the landraiders?

Okay, got a game in last wednesday with a similar list against Stoobert's IG.

I had:

DA

HQ

Interrogator Chaplain (Warlord, TDA)

Troops

Tactical Squad (5, Flamer, Veteran with PP+CCW)

-Razor

Tactical Squad (5, Flamer, Veteran with PP+CCW)

-Razor

Fast Attack

Black Knights (3)

Heavy Support

Land Raider Redeemer (MM, Deathwing)

Vindicator

Vindicator

Black Templars

HQ

Master of the Forge

Elites

Assault Centurions (3)

Troops

Crusader Squad (9, 4 initiates, 4 CCW+BP initiates, Sword Brother, Plasma Gun, MM)

-Rhino

Crusader Squad (9, 4 initiates, 4 CCW+BP initiates, Sword Brother, Plasma Gun, MM)

-Rhino

Heavy Support

Hunter

Hunter

Thunderfire Cannon

total around 2k.

Game seemed to play as a mismatch in my favor. We still had fun and stoobert didn't give up even an inch without a struggle from his SW/IG army.

As for army tactics and such, I basically rushed the opponent, with LRR eventually getting to disembark it's Assault centurion+warlord chappy+ master of the forge into a complete overkill battle against Pask and his russ body guard.

Thunderfire, not having used mine since 5th, was amazing. Hunters were iffy, as a quad gun would have been just as effective (one was mostly out of range all game, other got 2 HP on a vendetta and did very little the rest of the game).

Black knights, as a 3-man, were amazing as usual. This one unit is very underpriced and underused. In normal games, they outflank and just demolish most backfield army elements like nothing else I've seen. Larger units notice a dramatic drop in efffectiveness both defensively due to being a higher priority target and offensively due to being overkill against most enemies.

Crusaders squads were pretty cool. A perfect blend of assault unit and ranged unit.

Master of the forge repaired 2 HP from the redeemer during the game. It's the reason the redeemer stayed on the table.

Redeemer was pretty cool, too. Delivered it's cargo, dropped the last HP from the vendetta with the TL assault cannon, torched some guard.

Vindicators, another unit I've not used much since 5th, were amazing.

Chappy+Centurion unit was overkill. They were awesome, yes, but very much overkill. The unit is to cope with Imperial Knights and such, not assault rear av11 tanks...

Anyway, didn't use the first list because I don't own the vengeance weapon battery...I need to decide if the hunter is better or not. At one point in our game, opponent landed a pod in front of the hunter, which blocked my view of his incoming vendetta. This wasn't really intentional, but it worked well for him until we realized that the hunter can move 6" and still fire everything, unlike the hydra.