LS tempest turning arcs?

Came up in a few games. Not really sure, so I'm asking.

LS tempest is a FW land speeder variant (IA2 2nd ed). It's got an odd special rule where it can opt to be treated as a zooming flyer at the start of any of its turns, but it can't shoot if it does so.

First, how long does this last? I've been playing it to function like a flyer going in hover mode, so it changes for a full game turn. But in re-reading it, I'm not sure. Might just last for the player turn.

Second, how are turning arcs worked out. I mean, if I'm facing something at the start of the turn, am I limited to a 90 degree turn arc as if I were a flyer? Does it matter if I used the special rule to be a flyer last turn too? In the last game I used them, this one really puzzled both my opponent and I.

Afterburner

The Tempest can choose to ignite its afterburners at the start of an of its turns. It may not fire any of its weapons that turn, but may act and be treated as a Zooming Flyer following the rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook

Afterburner

The Tempest can choose to ignite its afterburners at the start of an of its turns. It may not fire any of its weapons that turn, but may act and be treated as a Zooming Flyer following the rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook

"Whenever a rule refers to 'a turn' it always means 'player turn' unless it specifically refers to a 'game turn'."

So, RAW, it only lasts for a player turn. Also, it would be restricted to turning as a flyer as soon as you decide (which is the start of the turn).

The "treated as a flyer" part arguably isn't part of the "that turn" clause- strictly by the reading, only the inability to fire weapons is associated there. So I think you can make a reasonable RAW ruling that it remains in Zoom mode until its next turn (as that is the default length of Zooming.)

As for being able to turn, I'm with pretre- if you choose to move like a Zooming flyer, you have to abide by all of their rules, including only being able to make the single turn at the beginning of your movement.

The "treated as a flyer" part arguably isn't part of the "that turn" clause- strictly by the reading, only the inability to fire weapons is associated there. So I think you can make a reasonable RAW ruling that it remains in Zoom mode until its next turn (as that is the default length of Zooming.)

Yeah, I can see that. Less exceptions that way.

It can, but it would cease to be one while in ongoing reserves, right?

Potentially. 

The Leaving Combat Airspace rule says it has to zoom back though. It even make an exception for hover flyers, which this is most like. So it would be a poor choice in most circumstances.